• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New coins from Long Beach Heritage Auction...

21 posts in this topic

I finished taking pictures of my new aquisitions from the Long Beach Heritage auction. Stayed up until near midnight to bid on these damn things...better be worth it! mad.gif

20d-10s_small.jpg

20d-23d_small.jpg

20d-24p_small.jpg

laugh.gif

jom

Of the three coins pictured I would have to say that the middle one looks absolutely superb to me, also, does the bottom coin really have that arc of color on the obverse as portrayed in the image? I like them a lot! smile.gif

Drool factor 10/10 Never seen a crescent rainbow on a gold coin before, wowsa!

Yeah, I about fell out of my chair at the auction lot viewing when I saw it. Actually, I had just got up off the ground after I was knocked over seeing the 23-D...lol

The 24-P is a typical (very) common date MS64 and I wouldn't even bother with it except for that color. It was a "gotta have it".

The MS66 23-D is a near MS67, IMO. There is a hit on the sun on the reverse and a couple more otherwise it is a REAL big ticket item....even if it is a pretty common date.

The 10-S is a solid MS63 with some good color. It's a bit better date that the others...I think...

jom

I think jom should mail these coins to us for better inspection- I think the 24-D will take about five years to fully study wink.gif. Excellent coins a couple of the nicest saints I have seen. mike smile.gif

Yeah...I wish it was a 24-D.

Let me think about sending the coins out....for about 5 years... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A note for everyone who's interested in taking pictures: Notice how the bottom pic (24-P) is darker on the top half of the coin. This, I believe, is caused by the white background for the NGC holder. I suppose what is going on is that the camera iris is compensating for the amount of light reflected from the slab. I'm gonna have to figure a way to either cover up the slab OR use the camera in "manual" mode 893whatthe.gif I've had difficulty with the white balance on this camera (probably due to user stupidity) so maybe I can figure a way to mess with the iris.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Yes, a 24-D would be nice! I guess my mind thinks a little faster than my one finger typing method and I got the date mixed up grin.gif. If you figure out the lighting for taking pictures on gold let me know as I alway's seem to get some dark area's as you did. mike

The '24-D is a really nice coin

OK, is there a mint mark I'm not seeing that others are? laugh.gif Man, I wish that was the case... 893frustrated.gif

jom

D'ya think Jom will share the windfall with us?

I could use the "windfall". My $25 check bounced on the payment for that 27-D 893naughty-thumb.gif

jom

Hi Jom,

Really sweet looking haul! I hope I get to see those in person, judging from your eagles are you certainly have a good eye for gold!

-JamminJ