• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Legacy Sets go on sale tomorrow, are you a buyer ?

8 posts in this topic

Why is the USMint's web page not listing this set? I have searched it over even using their search engine to no avail. Where does one buy these at noon tomorrow?

I am not sure. Here is what I see is on their Product Schedule:

October 25 Gift Catalog

October 25 2007 First Spouse Bronze Medal Series -

Four-Medal Set

October 25 50 State Quarters® Greetings from

America Portfolio

October 25 50 State Quarters® Greetings from

America State Card Set

October 25 Utah Official First Day Coin Cover

October 25 50 State Quarters® Coin and Die Sets -

MT, WA, ID, WY, UT

October 25 Collector's Box-Three Lens

October 25 Collector's Box-Quarter Rolls

October 25 Collector's Box-Dollar Coin Rolls

November 5 Utah Quarter Bags and Two-Roll Sets

November 15 James Madison $1 Coin Bags and Rolls

link

And, no, I don't think I will be buying this year. I have the last two. The packaging is nice and all, but I have decided it's not worth the money and I have not seen any great demand for these.

A quick search on Ebay shows the 2005 and 2006 sets selling for less than cost.

No, I won't buy one.

I bought one the first year and then held it thinking that I wanted to collect it. Finally I decided that it was sort of silly to keep it because I already had all the coins that were in it in other places. I could have sold it for a nice profit, but when I let it go I made $5, which is better than I could do today.

Last year's set was a non-starter. It sells for less than issue, which will probably be the fate of this year's set. All you really get with these things is a big cardboard folder. It's really nothing special unless you like to have your Proof set coins mounted sideways in the holders. (: