• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Removing Scratches from Slabs?..advice?

10 posts in this topic

This thread may have run before but I'd appreciate anyone and everyones techniques for removing or at least decreasing the scuffs and scratches on slabs. It gets tiring when I post a photo and have to explain that " the marks are on the holder not Liberty's cheek"..etc etc...thanks in advance.....Jackson

Go to the auto-parts store (or Walmart), look for plastic polish. Get a clean cloth, put some polish on the slab, and rub, rub, and rub some more until the scratches disappear.

NOTE: if the scratches are really deep, it will hard to get them out completely, but they should be less apparent in your photo after the application of a little elbow-grease.

If they are really bad then send them to NGC and they will "Reholder' them fo $5.00 each,

They do not go to the Lab etc and nothing is changed except the slab.

Sometimes they provide this service at major shows where they are set up to provide on-site grading. Saves you the two way registered mail fees.

I wasn't aware that NGC went to the shows and did this.Wouldn't amke any difference as there are only a few dealers where I live and hardly any Major shows for Coins. I live in North Florida and it doesn't cost that much to send it,