• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"environmental damage"

4 posts in this topic

WOW! I'm on a roll tonight. Day 3 in the chat room and I figured out how to post a new thread. Pretty good for this 56 year old fot. (Can I say that?)

The environmental damage topic doesn't refer to me personally (sometimes I feel that way)...but to a few submissions to PCGS. Why do deep brown (not black or gray) large cents come back as environmentally damaged? They are not corroded, pitted, covered with PVC, been chewed on or full of bullet holes....just nice looking cents that are just deeply toned. What's the difference between deep toning and environmental damage?

My next mission: trying to figure out how to get an icon (smiley face...) in my posts AND...if I really get ambitious...how to get one of those nifty thumbnail ID thingies OR...post pictures to include in text.

RI AL...not the brightest bulb in the string...but occasionally I flash (Ohhhhhh...that doesn't sound right somehow...)

Yup, I'd call THAT environmental damage. I bet THAT coin has a story to tell. I wonder what ever happened to the "18" in the date??

RI AL