• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the odds that I will get 67's in a crossover - SACAGAWEA's

17 posts in this topic

Well its not really a crossover .. :)

I have purchased a set of 20 coins that are graded MS66 by PCGS. My Intention is to break them out and resubmit them to NGC for Grading. The coin in question is the 2007-d SACAGAWEA business strike. The DENVER mints have been terrible coming out of bags and I figure with the 67'd doing well over three hundred dollars a piece it might be worth a gamble to try it.

What do you think ... it would take 1 coin at a 67's to make money and more than that I am way ahead.

Thoughts ??

Now that you've stated your intentions, here, for everyone at NGC to read, what do you want to bet that the turn-around time is one day? lol lol

I'm going to go back through my "D" bags. I seem to recall that I decided against sending in all of my 67's. :devil:

Chris

Now that you've stated your intentions, here, for everyone at NGC to read, what do you want to bet that the turn-around time is one day? lol lol

I'm going to go back through my "D" bags. I seem to recall that I decided against sending in all of my 67's. :devil:

Chris

You are the first person that said the "D" s were junk to me :)

It will be a bulk submission with 10 - 2007 Mint Sets going in so we will see :)

Chris

You are the first person that said the "D" s were junk to me :)

It will be a bulk submission with 10 - 2007 Mint Sets going in so we will see :)

I know I said the D's were junk, but I was passing by the 67's looking for 68's and/or 69's.

I don't understand why you'd want to waste your money submitting the Mint Sets. There are way too many SMS 70's being graded, and if you end up with 69's, they won't be worth squat.

Chris

Hi, igrinz.

I do NOT want to rain on your parade but, though neither slabber is perfect, you are dealing with the top 2. I doubt that NGC has standards that are THAT much looser than PCGS. Certainly it is worth a try, however, and if you hit a couple, you'll be in great shape.

I just bought a 2003s Sacagawea MS 69 Dcam PCGS and blew the budget for that type slot. Still a reasonably good buy on E-Bay.

Good luck. I'd like to know how how you made out.

RI Al

Hi, igrinz.

I do NOT want to rain on your parade but, though neither slabber is perfect, you are dealing with the top 2. I doubt that NGC has standards that are THAT much looser than PCGS. Certainly it is worth a try, however, and if you hit a couple, you'll be in great shape.

I just bought a 2003s Sacagawea MS 69 Dcam PCGS and blew the budget for that type slot. Still a reasonably good buy on E-Bay.

Good luck. I'd like to know how how you made out.

RI Al

Hi, Al! Welcome to the neighborhood. Let us know what you like to collect and show us some photos if you can.

Didn't you mean that your 2003-S Sac is a PF69, not MS69? The San Francisco Mint doesn't produce any of the standard circulated and uncirculated coins.

Since 2005, the P&D Mint Sets have been produced in a satin finish, and the extra care in handling that they receive has resulted in very high populations in MS69-70. On the other hand, business strikes that are made for general circulation are very tough to come by in MS68-70. If you look at the NGC Census figures, you will see what I mean.

Chris

Hello and thanks for the welcome!!!!

Yes the Sacagawea is PROOF DCAM 69. Sorry for tmy error!

I haven't learned how to navigate really well here yet but I hope to be able to post pictures in time and see if there's a place to post a profile and one of those nifty little pictures as identification.

Glad I found this spot. Recently retired from school teaching and hope to pop in frequently.

RI AL

Jgrinz you'd have to be one heck of a gambler, I think I would cherrypick the best of the 20 and send those in. Chances are a few would come back at lower grades also, then what?

IMHO, that's what I would do.

Glad I found this spot. Recently retired from school teaching and hope to pop in frequently.

RI AL

School teacher, huh? Sounds like a "triple entendre" to me...........

Retired>Old>Kidspeak>Pop

Coin collector>Terminology>Census>Pop

"From across the pond">Dooly>Britspeak>Pop in

Chris :devil:

You certainly have a unique mind, Chris. :whatev:

:devil:

Welcome aboard, Al. (thumbs u

Joker, I think you're definitely gambling. I wish you luck, however. :wishluck:

Hey, Chris.

Well, I had to do a bit of cogitatin' before I understood your post completely...but it was fun.

Actually not old...56...actually 57 on Thursday. I was a high school teacher and LOVED every minute. My successful kidney transplant about 11 months ago kinda' made retirement happen, sadly. But I am doing well (except the stupid meds) but miss the kids so much.

I have collected for almost 46 years. I remember the big hubbub when the "new" cents came out in 1959 and how I acquired several nice coins that I still treasure from a friend who was in chorus with me. Paid $2 for my 1812 cent, ANACS F-12. Those were the days...oh...at a Miami coin show in 1964, I got my raw 1802 cent for $9. Since been slabbed by PCGS as VF 30. Stuff like that. It must be tough for kids starting out today as collectors.

Anyway, nice chatting with you. I hope this isn't "off topic".

RI AL

Anyway, nice chatting with you. I hope this isn't "off topic".

RI AL

Nah! Mike is a pretty easy-going guy. Besides, I think his thread went about as far as it can go.

Chris