• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My newest auction victory

12 posts in this topic

I agree that it is one of the best designs ever to grace our commem coinage. Who would believe that you could cram so much stuff into a design and have it look so good!?

I know it may not help now but in the recent past I have seen 2 or 3 spectacularly toned Texas pieces on ebay of all places. NGC or PCGS as well. I must say though I was taken aback by their selling prices. $700 plus for common MS63/64 pieces?

I know it may not help now but in the recent past I have seen 2 or 3 spectacularly toned Texas pieces on ebay of all places. NGC or PCGS as well. I must say though I was taken aback by their selling prices. $700 plus for common MS63/64 pieces?

The grade may be common, RobertB, buy you just answered your own question with "spectacularly toned" as to why they had their price structure.

True enough. Sometimes I have to step out of my individual preferences for white coins. Objectively, I could understand it. Subjectively I'd just say 'there's [!@#%^&^] on my coin.' Haha, just kidding, kind of, I have seen the occasional toned coin I find attractive. grin.gif

I think the coins that you are thinking about were the toned pieces that were offered in the Goldberg auction. I checked E-Bay, and those were the only pieces that seemed "out of line" as far as the market value of the piece versus grade.