• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who got the brochure from NGC?

8 posts in this topic

I got an interesting brochure from NGC today "inviting" me to participate in their services, especially the registry.

I have long felt that one of NGC's deficiencies, especially vis-a-vis their registry, is one of marketing. So, I was quite pleasantly surprised to receive this today. I think it is a nice brochure, and I think it is about time. My only feedback is at the very end, where I see "RSVP online at www.collectors-society.com". The problem is that that site is very "busy", and folks may not easily find their way to the registry area.

Additionally, I think there should be an easy pointer in the brochure to online message board. Once here, a person can obtain all sorts of information simply by asking.

EVP

I agree that the Registry here has many advantages:

More accurate scoring, obverse & reverse pictures, denomination type sets, etc.

I also agree about the lack of promotion. I think that the lack of "All Time Finest" and having to wait to validate coins hurts as well.

I've been a paying customer for most of the year and haven't received any marketing yet. I think they should take advantage of other company's issues and do a strong campaign.

• Administrator
I agree that the Registry here has many advantages:

More accurate scoring, obverse & reverse pictures, denomination type sets, etc.

I also agree about the lack of promotion. I think that the lack of "All Time Finest" and having to wait to validate coins hurts as well.

Auto validation of NGC coins is coming soon. I'm bug testing it right now.

Also, set recognition Award details will be announced in about a week or so.

I just received a brochure today. cool.gif Thanks NGC for the brochure.

I like it pretty well except for what was said about the star designation in the registry: "the NGC star designation is the only way to recognize coins with exceptional eye appeal". While that may be true for a registry database, it's definitly not true for collecting life as we know it. I think this would have been better stated with something such as, "NGC's unique star designation offers a novel way to reward coins in the registry that have been deemed by NGC graders as having exceptional eye appeal."

My 2 cents worth. Hoot.