• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1853 Circ. Set Update

11 posts in this topic

Here is where I'm at now. I think I'll just finish the "P" gold and then work on some upgrades. It's been a lot of fun and also some work. Thanks for all of the stuff that you all have helped me learn during the process.

1853YearSet.jpg

Great set! (thumbs u

I love circulated year sets and would one day like to not only complete my 1876 set but also do an 1873 year set a la Harry X. Boozell. Finding a complete year set of matched coins in the same grade isn't as easy as it sounds.

Congratulations! Excellent looking set Richard! :golfclap: Good going on having the patience to put it all together. Just for interests sake how long have you been working on it?

Thanks everyone. I've been actively working on it for almost 2 years. For most of the set there are quite a lot to choose from but the "no arrows" are much harder (and expensive). It's also kind of tough to try to get the high AU stuff.

Most of your coins have excellent eye-appeal. I especially love your New Orleans half!! :luhv:

Great set!

p.s. It's a good thing that you didn't go for the 1854 set with the gold. :insane: