• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3" Bronze medals...

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm usually not interested in the bronze replicas of congressional medals, but I'm such a hater of the Government of the People's Republic of China that I will be buying some of the Dalai Lama medals (on sale tomorrow at 1pm)

Does NGC slab 3" medals? (I know.. it's silly to slab modern issues.. just asking)

Do 3" medals get put into the size of slab usually used for multi coin holders?

You really need to ask NGC directly. I know they will slab the First Spouse medals, but I don't believe they slab all of the different US Mint medals.

WW, this question was posed on "Ask NGC" by Greg (gmarguli) on December 20, 2005............ Coins Too Large For Regular Slab .

Jay Turner responded, stating that an over-sized holder was being considered by NGC for coins up to 80mm. He added that it was only available on request.

The 3" medal is equivalent to 76.2mm.

Chris

First, you need to find out if they grade the medal you are asking about. You can find out more here.

According to NGC's multi-holder page, it looks like they can use the mult-holder for larger coins (see the "gallery" about half-way down the page).

But the first thing to do is to ask NGC if they will slab your medal. Otherwise, it doesn't matter what holder they use!

Scott :hi:

thanks, guys.

cpm9ball, you're obviously better at searching these forums than I am. :)

The list of medals they will slab says "Modern U.S. Mint Medals"

But I would ask first anyway, if I do decide to slab the thing.