• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the coolest thing you own?

48 posts in this topic

The sabre of 2LT F. Horster, Jr. who was assigned to Custer's 7th Cavalry. Like my great-grandfather, 1LT Isaiah Hickman Lame, he was not at the battle of the Little Big Horn.

I also have this "working copy" of the "Seal of the President of the United States" which was cast from the original that is embedded in the floor of the Rotunda in the U.S. Capitol Building. During the Reagan administration, when my brother was working at the Smithsonian, he was given the assignment of producing a copy of the seal for the White House, and he was allowed to keep the working copy. I know I've shown it before, but I thought I'd post it again for any who haven't seen it.

Chris

46222-IMG_1658.JPG.5a913a9b12cb186e29f188ff5e86267b.JPG

Somebodies gonna be in trouble :whatev:

Actually I got approval to put that picture on my website, so it is in the public domain already… [/quote

Yeah, but look her straight in the eyes without flinching a muscle and say in a dead-serious tone of voice, "I own you!", and see what happens.

Chris

Actually I got approval to put that picture on my website, so it is in the public domain already… [/quote

Yeah, but look her straight in the eyes without flinching a muscle and say in a dead-serious tone of voice, "I own you!", and see what happens.

Chris

:popcorn:

Thats a Kodak moment

:baiting:

Chris

I'll try that out tonight lol

Chris

I'll try that out tonight lol

"Memorial Services on Sunday"

Chris

A big black lab named Trxie she's always happy to see me and wags her tail.She never say take out the garbage or cares about money she's just glad to see me and all I do is take her to the dog park fill her bowl food with water and share my Frosted Flakes with her .

Total love

When you go to Heaven all the dogs you have loved meet you at the gate/////ONLY the one with 4 legs

Actually I got approval to put that picture on my website, so it is in the public domain already…

hm I thought Win was talking about the Clothing hahahahha as the coolest thing he owned :)

deleted for derailment

I apologize Victor. I should have thought more about it. I didn’t mean to derail your thread. It seemed like a cool thread. You should restart it. I won’t mess it up. I’m sorry.

I told her, “I own you.” She just laughed at me.

I like your humor but I was disappointed that the thread didn't achieve the intent that I meant for it to have.

If we're talking about flesh and blood then Caleb is definitely the coolest!

46276-Caleb6-16-06.jpg.f0750dc99837b200cae26e1d5ceda294.jpg

46277-11-27-06014.jpg.fe5b8d43a90ff08ad585b3d6256864f9.jpg

Chris. That copy of the seal is so cool. :)

Thanks, Larry!

Unfortunately, I will eventually have to move in the course of settling my Mom's estate, so I will probably contact an auction house and see what I can get for it. Sotheby's? Christies? Stack's? Anyone have any suggestions?

Chris

Boy, that MG brings back some memories. Back in '64, a classmate, Mark Poore, and I decided to take a weekend drive through the Shenandoah Valley to Waynesboro, VA. He had a green convertible MG. Mark and I were a lot alike.......crazy! Anyway, you should see the looks we got when we arrived in Waynesboro. Mark donned his chrome-plated German helmet as he drove down the main drag of town. We walked into a bar and were thrown out immediately.

Chris

Here’s my second attempt at my prized possession that. Hopefully, this one is more in Victor’s intent.

My grandfather was given this watch when he retired from Conoco after 30 years of employment. He retired because he was suffering from ALS and died shortly after his retirement. I have a few pictures of us together when I was very young but for the most part I only know him through the stories that I hear. I wear the watch on only the rarest occasions. I think its monetary value is negligible but it’s my favorite possession.

Watch.jpg

Watch2.jpg

Watch3.jpg

Watch4.jpg

Winston, that's a very cool, and collectible, watch. Do you wear it?

Thanks Mike! I only wear it a couple of times a year. I’ll wear to a job interview or some event where I feel like I want my grandfather’s remembrance with me. The rest of the time it stays in my safe.

There are a few things that I view as collectibles that are the coolest things I own, hard to pick a favorite.

1) The 1932 D Washington Quarter that My Father's Aunt sent him from California when he was 15 years old. (MS 64)

2) A hand painted 1936 LA Olympic Flag that my Father acuired while going to school at Cal Tech.

3) Several original Edison Incandescent Lamps (light bulbs) from my Father's collection.

4) Ancient Aluetian artifacts dug up my my father when stationed in the Aluetions during World War II.

5) Land Lease and Letters signed by Stephen F. Austin, (related years back) including some Texas Confederacy Notes.

6) My 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 Litre with only 90,000 original miles. (140 mph proven)

Rey