• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

November Coin Show in Baltimore-anyone going?

3 posts in this topic

I went to the November coin show last year in Baltimore. I'm pretty sure it's an ANA event. Bowers and Merena will be holding an auction among others..also the usuals will be there NGC, NCS..etc etc..a huge event

I live only 45 minutes away so I can pick what day I go. Does anyone have an opinion on whether it is better to go on Sunday and hope that some sellers/dealers may give better deals if they haven't had a lot of business or is this just a myth/wishful thinking?

Anyhow, any Maryland,DC Delaware,Virginia collectors who are headed that way and want to have a cup of coffee, talk coins and show off our purchases can PM me and I'll see you there...

The Baltimore show is owned by Whitman Expos. While many people who work with the show are ANA members, including ANA VP Patti Finner as the show's YN education director, the ANA is not a sponsor nor does it sanction the show. Regardless, it is still a very popular show!

The best day to go is Friday or very early on Saturday. Friday has the least traffic (although it is very busy) and you have the best selection. Almost all of the tables are full. By the time you get to mid-Saturday afternoon, you will find that a number of dealers will close their tables. Some dealers will start to leave mid-Saturday afternoon and others will not show up at all on Sunday.

Saturday foot traffic is the heaviest from 10a-2pm, which is why many dealers close around 3pm. Sunday foot traffic is early. If you get here after noon on Sunday, you will find that up to 50-percent of the tables are closed.

I will take the day off and go on Friday--it is funny how I get "sick" the weekend of the Baltimore show (it's called Numismatic Feaver!). Since I live in the Maryland suburbs of the DC metro area, I will leave at the tail end of rush hour and make the hour drive to downtown Baltimore. We can set a time to meet-up--after all, if you get there early, you need a lunch break! Others who are in the are or will be there are invited to suggest a time.

Scott :hi: