• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has PCGA beaten CAC to the second-guessing punch ?

12 posts in this topic

PCGA = Precision Coin Grading Analysis, instituted by world famous coin guru Les Fox, is up and running for $15 per coin and has apparently gotten a leg-up in the soon to be Sticker Wars. Maybe his sticker is bigger than their, soon to be, sticker !

How many "stickers" services will there be in 2008 ? Answer: Probably too many. How hard are NGC and PCGS laughing at these clowns ?

Yea, just what we need ...

Competition in the “let’s regrade the coins that have already been graded market.”

Les Fox is nothing but a self-promoter. You can waste your $15 on this *spoon*. I’ll keep my money for better things.

I have considered my own stickering service at shows for $1 a coin. One name I like is Collector's Financial Group (CFG). CFG will be a buyer at 95% of CDN Bid for any coin it stickers (gee that sounds too high - I might get buried!). Just waiting for the Chinese to come out with a stickering package....to complement their slabbing supplies.

As far as Les Fox, I believe he is the author of the famous 1980's book - Silver Dollar Fortune Telling. I have a copy, but my fortune still has not come in yet lol

Wouldn't it be a riot if the same people who bought his book pay to get their coins stickered by him? :applause: I am not making fun of the guys grading, for all I know he may be up there with the rest of them. You have to admire folks who come up with a new money making idea. CAC better get going, or the scoring spree is gonna be over before they take the field. (thumbs u

Excuse me, but I think you misspelled "SUCKER WARS".

Chris

Exactly. And I will drop my CFG stickering price from my table at shows as low as it takes to sell it. Any bets on how soon the Chinese will come out with a self stickering program like they have the self slabbing supplies? :takeit:

I remember Les Fox and his wife. They were bullish on MS65 Morgan dollars everystep of the long way down from their 1979 highs. I still have a copy of their book "Silver Dollar Fortune Telling" somewhere.

As far as Les Fox, I believe he is the author of the famous 1980's book - Silver Dollar Fortune Telling.

He was also the promoter behind all the signed by designer PCGS and ICG slabs for the bicentennials, The Gerald Ford signed coins, the state quarters, Sac dollars etc.

The question is - just what is the population of suckers out there that are going to pay to have their coins stickered? How much will the CAC sticker guys be charging them? This is getting nuttier every day. I am beginning to believe there is more money to be made in fruitcake than stickering coins.

Even if it were free, do you really want more stickers on your slabs? I like slabs that are clean, without the goo of old price stickers or part of the TPG logo missing because when you tore the price sticker off part of the logo went with it.