• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please show/post your favorite coin...

60 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting your favorites everyone. Great coins, all of them!

To be completely candid, I have a great deal of trouble finding a "favorite" coin from my collection, and after giving this subject a great deal of thought, I still can't settle for just one...

Here are three of my favorites:

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

In walks Mark and the thread ends...... hm

Pretty tough to beat that baby (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Say mark I have this toned Morgan I'll trade for the Pattern.....you have too many of those common coins anyway.....how about stepping up to a real rarity hm

:devil:

Wow, Magnificent coins everyone, can't even begin to list them separately, exceptional pieces one and all. I am going to list two, the first is my favorite that I have acquired since beginning this quest, low AU money for a beautifully toned commemorative in MS and the second was my father's favorite and most adored coin after he sold his 1799 Eagle in the 60's. It is the prize of our collection at the present and will probably remain so. An1850 O Eagle MS 62.

Rey

rb1936lio.jpg

rb1936lir.jpg

1850OEagleObv-1.jpg

1850OEagleRev-1.jpg

Here is my newest favorite.

Why ? Because it is the oldest, and most natural rarity that I still have.

( I still have not figured out how to get an image that looks anywhere near

as good as it looks in hand) PCGS AU58 O-104 DBH

1795_FH_Image.jpg

I'll go with this one for right now. I even limited myself to actual coins.

10c-1999p-bowtieindent.jpg

It's a dime, which was struck through on the reverse by a "bowtie" planchet, one that had two opposing, large clips in it.

Dang I keep forgetting that patterns aren't "real coins" How about this one?

1648469.jpg

Getting closer but still no cigar. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Don't worry Mark......we will let you stay in the club if you learn the secret hand shake :sumo:

Pretty coins all.....even the moderns are growing on me :foryou:

I have no idea what this will look like in hand but considering one of my all time favorite series is Liberty Head Nickels....can you believe I have never owned and UNC piece..... :o

That is until tonight :devil:

678c_1.JPG

67de_1.JPG

I made sure I got the rarest date I could find ........ending at precisely 16:33:13 PDT lol

It's very hard to pick out just one coin as my favorite, but if forced I would have to pick this one. I have prettier coins and most are in better shape than this one, but I like this one from a pure history standpoint.

64797129.jpg

64797130.jpg

TheMoose.jpg

Is an explanation necessary? hm

Nah, I don't like it. I can see a fingeprint on the slab over the insert.

All kidding aside, this is the nicest Morgan I have ever seen. How about telling us a little about it, Ron. Where and when did you find it? Was it already graded, or was it a raw one that you submitted? If it was raw, do you know how it was stored to keep it in such great condition?

Chris

Ron You really really really suck!!! That coin is truly a pocket size piece of art. Great coin!!

stev32k- I love the Fugio design. That coin just oozes history but they were so poorly made it is hard to find a nice one. I am still looking for one.

Even though I have the original nickels and the gold, I still find myself taking this one out to look at it....

Ever since I was a kid, I have just loved the design.

2001buff.jpg

MM :cloud9:

That is gorgeous! I know nothing about collecting coins but I would like to get one of these. Is it raw vs. graded, unc vs proof? Where do you suggest I look?

(worship)

Thanks

Even though I have the original nickels and the gold, I still find myself taking this one out to look at it....

2001buff.jpg

That is gorgeous! I know nothing about collecting coins but I would like to get one of these. Is it raw vs. graded, unc vs proof? Where do you suggest I look?

(worship)

Thanks

You can get them either raw or graded. If you get them raw, make sure to get them with the original mint packaging and COA. The 2001 American Buffalo Commemorative $ was struck in both proof and uncirculated. You'll probably be able to find some dealers who have them in Coin World, Numismatic News or CoinAge magazine. A local coin dealer may have copies of any of these or you might check Barnes & Noble if you have one near you. If you don't have a bookstore or coin dealer near you, go online to www.apmex.com I think they have them.

Chris

that is easily the most beautiful Morgan I have ever seen, I can see why some people pay what I thought were outrageous amounts for toned coins...I don't know what she cost but she was worth every penny..congrats..

2001buff.jpg

(worship)

Thanks

You can get them either raw or graded. If you get them raw, make sure to get them with the original mint packaging and COA. The 2001 American Buffalo Commemorative $ was struck in both proof and uncirculated. You'll probably be able to find some dealers who have them in Coin World, Numismatic News or CoinAge magazine. A local coin dealer may have copies of any of these or you might check Barnes & Noble if you have one near you. If you don't have a bookstore or coin dealer near you, go online to www.apmex.com I think they have them.

Chris

Is the one in the picture Unc or Proof?

To be honest about it, I think that the gold buffalo coin is nicer than the silver piece. I'm not referring to the metal content; it's the handling of the design. The buffalo on the gold coin is in better proportion to the coin, like it is on the nickel.

This definitely ranks among my favorite coins in my collection. The colors are natural and are NOT AT'd with ms70. Actually, this color pattern is only seen in a certain angle of light. It changes colors as it is rotated from a blah brown to the incredibly vibrant colors that you see.

46219-1865TwoCentPiece.jpg.c215ac96456af13ed289771b90a7c037.jpg