• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sometimes nice coins are in PCI holders...

6 posts in this topic

a really nice coin!! thumbsup2.gif

i agree there are sometimes really nice even undergraded coins in older pci green tag holders i guess with the subjactive nature of coins this happens with many holders from many companies

michael hi.gifflowerred.gifhi.gifflowerred.gifhi.gifflowerred.gifhi.gifflowerred.gifhi.gifflowerred.gifhi.gifflowerred.gif

This particular one is in a MS-64 PCI holder. I saw it and went cha-ching! smile.gif The local guy prices all coins by certified grade regardless of color or outstanding characteristics. The bad side is he prices a MS-64 coin the same whether it is ACG, PCGS, NGC, or PCI. So you have to be mindful in his store. But since he doesn't like toning, I've snapped up some really nice ones like this cheap.

For those playing at home, I am not even going to cross or crack this one out. I think I've finished playing that game. smile.gif

NWCS......Bravo on keeping it in the slab. Why add expense? I too have NON BIG THREE slabbed coins. If there's a nice coin in the plastic, who cares what it says? IF.....only IF......you have to sell the coin on ebay or other venue that draws from the "general public" then you may want to cross it. But if you are selling to anyone who KNOWS the first thing about coins, they'll take it off your hands.

I might change that opinion on ACG as I don't need a NEGATIVE following me all the time.