• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS MS67 Thomas Jefferson $

2 posts in this topic

I just picked one up on ebay to fill the slot in my USA type coin registry and the seller sent me some interesting information. I was extremely impressed with the man's personability and professionalism.

PCGS MS67 Jefferson Presidential Dollar

Hi Victor,

High grade Philadelphia Mint coins have always been rarer than Denver due to the quality of their minting process. One other thing you should know is that next year's Presidential dollars will not have the edge lettering due to Wicker amendment to HR 2829 Financial Services Act of 2008.

Sponsor: Rep. Jose Serrano

Summary of the bill

Full Text

Introduced

Jun 22, 2007

Scheduled for Debate

Jun 22, 2007

Amendments (37 proposed) [details]

Passed House [details]

Jun 28, 2007

Voted on in Senate pending

-

Signed by President pending

-

This bill has been passed in the House. The bill now goes on to be voted on in the Senate.

Last Action:

Jul 13, 2007: Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 268.

Show All Related Votes

15) Wicker Amendment to H.R. 2829, Financial Services Appropriations Act - Limits the use of funds to implement section 5112 of title 31 United States Code - which is prohibiting funds from being used to edge-incuse the phrase “In God We Trust” and “E Pluribus Unum” on the $1 Presidential Coins; currently, both phrases are edge-incused on the side of the coin; due to normal circulation and wear of coins, it is likely that these statements will be worn away significantly faster than if they were inscribed on the front of the coin, as all other U.S. coinage is currently made; by preventing funds to carry out the edge-inscription provision currently in statute, the inscription would then fall under subsection (d), which requires that both phrases appear on the face of all U.S. coins; you a cosponsor of Virgil Goode's bill to require the inscription on the face of the $1 Presidential coin - YES

Miguel Trujillo

So. Cal. Coins & Collectables