• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting....japanese gold coin from china...

6 posts in this topic

Does this coin look suspicious to you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-Year-Japanese-gold-coin_W0QQitemZ320164431018QQihZ011QQcategoryZ547QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just was looking for japanese coins on eBay to buy and I typed in japanese gold coin and this came up. It's in china, and so painfully obviously so is the seller chinese! Terrible terrible english. Looks like the kind of english you find in one of those online translators. It's hard to tell but the coin looks kind of grainy....does it look suspicious to you?

hm

Hard to tell from the picture.

It's a Japanese 10 Yen (Y# 33).

The "real" coin is .9000 gold (0.2411 oz AGW) and should weigh 8.3333 grams according to Krause Standard Catalog Of World Coins.

Mintage for 1909 was 2,165,000.

It's in china, and so painfully obviously so is the seller chinese! Terrible terrible english.
You talk American yourself not so good too! ;)

Don't even think about it! Even if you weren't suspicious already, then your should be. You should never buy an item from China because of the high fraud rate there (with a few exceptions, of course).

$399.00 that a lot of money for something that will never ship to you and you will never see that person ever-ever.Save your money or you could send me $299.00 and save $100.00 then I will send you nothing but then someday when we meet I'll thank you .I'm in AZ too

$399.00 that a lot of money for something that will never ship to you and you will never see that person ever-ever.Save your money or you could send me $299.00 and save $100.00 then I will send you nothing but then someday when we meet I'll thank you .I'm in AZ too

Yeah, what he said! hahahaha.........