• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1871 Seated Liberty Dollar for my DANSCO 7070 Coin Type Set

14 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone! :hi:

I picked this raw 1871 Seated Liberty Dollar at the Long Beach Coin and Stamp Expo this weekend. I had a great time there. This coin is going into my DANSCO 7070 Type Coin Set. :grin:

Care to comment or grade, thanks.

AAJ

1871sldo.jpg

1871sldr.jpg

That's a really nice looking circualted Seated Dollar. Most of them have been massively fooled with, and others have very poor eye appeal. Niether of the pieces that were in my collection when I first completed my type set could be slabbed by PCGS or NGC. I had no trouble selling them, however. Both sold to dealers very quickly because they had decent eye appeal.

You could should grade, and that's saying a lot of a Seated Dollar.

There’s a really sweet circulated Seated Liberty dollar!! :cloud9:

I’d love to have that coin in my type set actually.

It has everything I look for in circulated type coins. I’ll go with the XF45 grade but I think this coin is a better looking coin than most XF45 LS dollars I’ve seen slabbed looking for a seated dollar for my set.

Great show find! :applause:

Hi, Everyone :hi:

Thank you all for the kind comments on my new addition in DANSCO 7070 Type Coin Set! :grin:

I got to choose from several SLD coins in my price range at and Ruth Osburn tables at the Long Beach Coin and Stamp Expo. Always a pleasure taking with and this time I had a nice chat with Ruth. :)

The coin was graded as an XF40+, with an 8 in denticles below the prominent 8. A very scarce variety. stated in his description "I've only seen 4 or 5 in the past 10 years."

Anyway, I am happy to fill this spot in my 7070 with this nice coin! :cloud9:

AAJ

Great coin and thanks for sharing!

I must admit to being a bit envious as this is one of the types that has alluded me! If I had a dollar for all the cleaned, dipped, and flat out ugly seated dollars I've seen in the past, I'd be able to afford a really nice mint-state example!

Have fun...Mike