• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first eBay auction win! How did I do?

9 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3046763844&category=11979&rd=1

OK, here my first eBay auction win now that I've got the coin bug again. I didn't have money to buy silver dollars when I was a wee lad. Did I do OK? Any other good sources out there for the more common Peace/Morgan dollars?

Thanks!

Mike

acclaim.gif

Looks accurately graded and priced. Ebay is your best source for common material in affordable grades. Teletrade would probably be the next best. Remember, though, buy from sellers who offer a return policy. You don't want to be stuck with junk you don't like.

Looks accurately graded and priced. Ebay is your best source for common material in affordable grades. Teletrade would probably be the next best. Remember, though, buy from sellers who offer a return policy. You don't want to be stuck with junk you don't like.

And, if in doubt about the return policy, e-mail the seller in advance. eBay is a major dumping ground for problem and overgraded coins. many of the sellers don't want this junk coming back!

Nothing. But there is a belief that older holders were undergraded and thus good candidates for resubmission. However, for the most part all the old holdered coins that can be certified at a higher grade at today's standards have already been snapped up.