• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

72 S Ike doubled obv. Dooly,I added 2 more pics.

9 posts in this topic

Hi :hi:

i can only find one listed for this year in my C/P which is the FS-S1-1972s-101

which is a DDO with "A medium spread can be detected on IN GOD WE TRUST, LIBERTY, ans slightly on the date.. the picture in the book only shows the doubling on in god we trust and not on the liberty so not much help with your pictures Sorry !!

happy hunting dooly

Hi :hi:

i can only find one listed for this year in my C/P which is the FS-S1-1972s-101

which is a DDO with "A medium spread can be detected on IN GOD WE TRUST, LIBERTY, ans slightly on the date.. the picture in the book only shows the doubling on in god we trust and not on the liberty so not much help with your pictures Sorry !!

happy hunting dooly

Do these help?

IGWT.png

19.png

Dooley, I think we have a Match,,,,In comparing the lower sections of the N of IN,The G of GOD and the T,R,and T of Trust I see the same doubling of them..

Thank you.

I really wouldn't be so sure, MM. The picture Dooley gave you looks to me like it is a proof. Looking at CONECA, there are only two DDOs for Unc coins, and one of them is master die doubling. I am guessing that you probably have the MDO (master die obverse) because you have doubling on Liberty as well. As this would be the most common, it really carries no premium. Sorry, I know how it is to be excited about a discovery and then find out something else.

Dooly, be careful attributing by the CPG, because it is ridiculously incomplete. You might find something for the date you are looking at that sort of resembles something you have, but there are twenty more that are not in the CPG that also resemble it.

Take a look at Coneca's website. They have pretty exhaustive lists, and many of their listings have enough details to be able to positively identify.

http://conecaonline.org/variety_listings.html

I really wouldn't be so sure, MM. The picture Dooley gave you looks to me like it is a proof. Looking at CONECA, there are only two DDOs for Unc coins, and one of them is master die doubling. I am guessing that you probably have the MDO (master die obverse) because you have doubling on Liberty as well. As this would be the most common, it really carries no premium. Sorry, I know how it is to be excited about a discovery and then find out something else.

Dooly, be careful attributing by the CPG, because it is ridiculously incomplete. You might find something for the date you are looking at that sort of resembles something you have, but there are twenty more that are not in the CPG that also resemble it.

Take a look at Coneca's website. They have pretty exhaustive lists, and many of their listings have enough details to be able to positively identify.

http://conecaonline.org/variety_listings.html

oH ! i am careful check it out i never once gave an opinion as i know nothing about USA coins !!! lol