• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades back from across the street order shipped

36 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I just got the grades back from PCGS for my 1900 gold british sovereign. I bought it as uncirculated. My dealer sent the coin in for me. Unfortunately, I don't know the grade yet. I don't even know if it was graded or Bodybagged. I'm trying to contact my dealer to ask him. Since he sent it in when I sign onto PCGS I cannot see the order information.

I'll let everyone know what the grades are and if it was even graded. I'm really excited about this. I know earlier i made a thread and asked if I should get it graded, most people said not to but I decided to get it graded anyway.

The grades on your recent submission have been finalized. You may view them by clicking on the link below. If you have any further questions, you can reach our Customer Service department Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time.

Submission/invoice number: 3678381

http://www.pcgs.com/membership

For PCGS Customer Service, in the United States call toll free at (800) 447-8848.

From outside the United States call (949) 567-1234.

Or send us an e-mail at: customerservice@collectorscom.

Hi everyone. Just got the grade information...

, it got AU58. I purchased it as Uncirculated.

::sigh::

At least it got graded! I wish I had a mint state one. Now I have 2 AU58 gold coins.

Well, it's still a nice coin. Thanks dooly for the nice coin!

I disagree. Other than the coin turning out to be counterfeit, a buyer has no grounds to return a purchase unless there was some sort of agreement or guarantee.

In all fairness it did grade out as being very close to Uncirc.

And in many cases the difference between AU58 and MS60-62 is not actual visible wear, but rather surface marks that may indicate circulation.

Hi stinkycheese (thumbs u

Told you the sov would not body bag, that's why i guaranteed you a 100% refund if it did..

and the receipt i showed you. the coin shop had graded it as UNC

as for the grade well what can i say told you it was about MS and if it was not for the couple of bag marks i think it would have..

i think the Graders need to remember that these gold coins were just stuffed into bank bags like your Morgans and are hellish soft because of the purity of the gold at this time. saying that though they know what they are looking at and i respect there opinions on the coins.. Guess i would have sent it to NGC myself.. lol and it would have graded a lot lower lol

As i stated in my private messages to you if you were not happy with the coin just send it back and i would refund your money.. and i will still stand by that! as at no time when i do some one a favour do i expect them to be disappointed with the item...,. But!!!!! you have invested in having it slabbed and i could not take that loss put together with the $10 i took of what i payed for it and the $14+ insured postage costs to send it out to you and the pay-pal charges.. if that makes me a "barstuard" sorry but if you do want your $170 back just let me know and whack the coin back over the pond and i will send it back Via pay-pal..

BUT as you said you like the coin and i like it even though its made from that yucky gold stuff :P if so keep it and enjoy it..

Also thanks to every one else who has commented on this post its good to have others opinions on things like this .. please feel free to comment on anything in this post (and any of my others) as its all a learning experience

and cheers to stinkycheese for an intresting experiance

All the best dooly (the daft Englishman) :devil:

as for the grade well what can i say told you it was about MS and if it was not for the couple of bag marks i think it would have..

Bagmarks will not make a coin receive an AU grade; visible wear makes a coin receive an AU grade.

Bagmarks will not make a coin receive an AU grade; visible wear makes a coin receive an AU grade.

You could replace circulation marks, with bag marks...

Dooly,,, This is were the expresion"No Good Deed goes unpunished" comes from...

I am sure that since this post started you have recieved a hundred PM's.

But look at the brightside... Lesson Learned. (thumbs u

Yep think you hit it bang on there Bruce cheers (thumbs u

I have no idea what you are trying to write, Bruce, could you please clarify it for me?

I have no idea what you are trying to write, Bruce, could you please clarify it for me?

I think Bruce is saying that if you take this sentence:

"as for the grade well what can i say told you it was about MS and if it was not for the couple of bag marks i think it would have.."

But change it to this:

"as for the grade well what can i say told you it was about MS and if it was not for the couple of circulation marks i think it would have.."

Then Dooly would be correct...I think

Relax, Stinky. He was simply admitting he didn't realize it was Dooly who sold it to you, when he infered should take a return if the coin was AU and sold as MS. It wasn't a comment to your respect level or anything else -- the way I read it at least. Have a good eveneing...Mike

If the grade not what you want resubmit it thats the new thing.Better yet get a small-time dealers who self-slab ridiculously overgraded coins, or the third-party grader who "specializes" (read only grades) in MS-60 through MS-70

Start buying the coin not the holder for the love of God

Actually, at a TPG, it's sometimes the chicken bones that make a coin receive whatever grade they give it. :insane:

Dooly I apologize if this thread has shed a negative light...I'm going to keep the coin it's nice but I just wish it would've graded at least MS60.

No bother mate I think this has been a VERY positive post myself and i am glad you posted it .. or else how would we learn..

I to wish it had hit the magical MS grade

all the best dooly (thumbs u

dooly,

You said you would refund the money so I see no problem, it's not like you are some kinda scammer.

Stinky is just a little dissapointed the coin did not come back in a 63 holder. (wink)

Ray