• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USA concept dollars stolen in France

8 posts in this topic

Ten of the 27mm silver coins pictured below, certified by ICG PR69 DCAM, were stolen using a credit card number taken from a German citizen. The coins were shipped to the following address in April, 2007:

Andreca Pawel

19 Rue Theodore De Banville

Ile De France

Paris 75017

France

These coins are 1/2 troy ounce each. The obverse features American aviation pioneer Bessie Coleman. The reverse shows a soaring eagle, sun, and "USA". They are the only ones ever mailed to Europe. So if they turn up, they should be easy to identify as stolen property (unless melted).

c_0002SP_384.JPG

Wow, that's terrible news Daniel. I hope they catch the thieves.

With your low mintages, have you considered having serial numbers stamped on the edges?

Gee, I thought this was the World and Ancient Coins Forum, not a US Silver Rounds Forum.

I'm willing to make a substantial wager that the thief sold them off right after getting them more than five months ago, so other than self promotion, what's the purpose of posting this on every forum on the net25.gif

Daniel, Please don't get discouraged by this guy. I'm a big fan of your work. We have also lost money to that thief (gold coins), and forwarded his address to the credit card companies. I hope they get him. We routinely ship to Europe, and this guy is the only problem we had so far.

Gee, I thought this was the World and Ancient Coins Forum, not a US Silver Rounds Forum.

A person outside of the US made a mistake... too bad!

I'm willing to make a substantial wager that the thief sold them off right after getting them more than five months ago, so other than self promotion, what's the purpose of posting this on every forum on the net25.gif

Do you hav any proof of your accusations? Unless you can substantiate your claim, posting a theft, regardless of the venue, is not and should not be a problem!

A person outside of the US made a mistake... too bad!

When did Colorado secede from the Union?

doh! Oops... I just looked at the alleged buyer's address! Sorry!!!!!!!! :sorry: