• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does NGC have a service where they'll review a whole bunch of coins

10 posts in this topic

but only slab the ones that meet a certain grade, say MS65 or better.

I've had CGC (the comic book arm) do it, but would like to know if they have the same service for coin collectors.

FYI - I would love to get this done for an original roll of 1950-D Jefferson Nickels which has a tail's coin showing 6 full steps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

They fell into my lap. I purchased a lot of nickels (almost a thousand) and amongst the carded proofs, bags of loose nickels were a couple of rolls one of which turned out to be an original Denver bank roll of 1950-Ds.

A dealer has already offer me $400.00 for it, but I want to maximize my profits and think that selling them individually might be the way to go.

What do you think?

I believe NGC will pre-screen the coins for you based on a minimum grade. The cost of the service may change depending on the grade and the number of coins that cross the threshold, but it is best to find out through NGC since I am not certain of their requirements.

NGC does have a Prescreen submission program, but it's for 100 or more coins.

edit: If that close up of the steps is the nicest/strongest example - then I think you're going to be disappointed in the 6 Full Steps department. (sorry)