• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to clean coins?

9 posts in this topic

I found this tread on a different web site (noncoin). Thought you all might enjoy it.

Bob

:banana:

2boys4us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just starting collecting the state quarters for my little ones. However, the coins are some what nasty. I am looking for a simple way to just clean them up a little. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2boys4us

View Public Profile

Send a private message to 2boys4us

Send email to 2boys4us

Find More Posts by 2boys4us

Add 2boys4us to Your Buddy List

08-17-2007, 08:01 AM #2

baseballmom5

Posts: 464 I've heard that you can soak them in coke. You may want to try it first on some other quarters first.

baseballmom5

View Public Profile

Send a private message to baseballmom5

Send email to baseballmom5

Find More Posts by baseballmom5

Add baseballmom5 to Your Buddy List

08-17-2007, 12:24 PM #3

valkaz

valkaz

View Public Profile

Send a private message to valkaz

Find More Posts by valkaz

Add valkaz to Your Buddy List

08-17-2007, 01:35 PM #4

mommytobe

I have some jalapeno juice in the fridge, and some sweet dill pickles. Maybe I can get a monster toned (reaching into my pocket) 2003-P dime.

Then, it might be worth a 10 Dollar Bill.............................I mean a 10 peso dollar.............no, correction..................a 10 Peno Dill.

Chris

Ketchup? First time I've heard that one before.

I always thought the penny in coke was cool. Until my mom put one of my brothers baby teeth into a glass of coke (after it fell out). The exact same thing happened to the tooth. Scared the living daylights out of me: I wouldn't drink coke for years, scared my teeth would all dissolve in my head.