• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Coin Collecting Boards of the 1930s & 1940s" a new book by David W. Lange

3 posts in this topic

David W. Lange’s new book on coin boards of the 1930 and 1940 is out and the results are amazing. Those expecting routine treatment of the subject are in for a real surprise and a treat.

Although filled with the kinds of detail and personalities coin collectors love to read about, Coin Collecting Boards of the 1930s & 1940s is much more. It is a numismatic window to times and places that most of us know only from classic movies and the occasional PBS special on the Great Depression and New Deal era. The excellent typography and page layout, combined with generous sections of color photos and top notch writing, place Coin Collecting Boards of the 1930s & 1940s several notches above most numismatic books. (I fully expect David’s work to take multiple honors at next years NLG awards!)

Coin Collecting Boards of the 1930s & 1940s belongs in the library of any coin collector who wants to know more than the superficial. But its appeal also lies beyond just coin collectors. The careful integration of people, hobbies, economics, history and coin boards suggest this book should be one of the standard references for Americana, advertising and antique aficionados.

Coin Collecting Boards of the 1930s & 1940s is available through David’s web site at: www.coincollectingboards.com. However, this one should also be on the shelves of mass market booksellers such as Barnes & Noble, Borders, Books-a-Million and others – it is too good not to enjoy a much wider distribution.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Thanks, Roger. Nice words, indeed.

I had a lot of fun writing the book, since coin boards have been a collecting passion of mine for 25 years. To borrow an old cliche, I wrote this book because I've always wanted to read it.