• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of AT-are any of these coins NT?

16 posts in this topic

Personally, I'd pass. It looks like someone has tried to imitate the Tid-E-Bowl effect, but the colors seem flat and not as irridescent as they should. The one with the white center is totally off.

Chris

Just looking at the first page I'm pulling up, the certified ones look OK. It should be noted that what you have done is compiled all the dealers together that have listed rainbow in their coin descriptions. Obviously some dealers are selling more legitimate coins then others. Still, if one is being picky, a rainbow is a fairly specific term, as oposed to toned. All of those coins are toned, some NT most AT. However, there were only 2 or 3 that I would consider rainbow toned, e.g. showing the tonal progression, and they were in general pretty wimpy examples. Here is something I would consider rainbow toned...

282Shane2_63_173.jpg

I give this one the AT'd award http://cgi.ebay.com/1889-P-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-Monster-Rainbow-Toned-AU_W0QQitemZ130154664017QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39466QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Clearly a sulfer alcohol bath. Ive seen many coins done with this method and while some can be so perfect and impossible to tell this one is a bad example. Ill give the seller the benifit of the doubt though that the lighting used in the image can be throwing it off but i feel strongly it is an AT'd coin.

I give this one the AT'd award http://cgi.ebay.com/1889-P-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-Monster-Rainbow-Toned-AU_W0QQitemZ130154664017QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39466QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Clearly a sulfer alcohol bath. Ive seen many coins done with this method and while some can be so perfect and impossible to tell this one is a bad example. Ill give the seller the benifit of the doubt though that the lighting used in the image can be throwing it off but i feel strongly it is an AT'd coin.

There's no doubt that this one is AT! That is an atrocious coin, though I have no idea how it was done.