• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Checking submission status on PCGS coins

26 posts in this topic

First of all, please forgive me for asking this on the NGC forum. Over a year ago I was banned from the PCGS forums and I cannot post there. I recently submitted one of my gold coins to PCGS for grading. I submitted it through a dealer, paid him. But his name is on the order not mine, so when I click on check status submission on PCGS's website it only brings up my name, not his. The dealer who submitted the coin for me gave me the submission number. How do I enter this number to check the status of my coin since it's under his name? Could someone please help me out?

Thanks!

Kevin

This may be wrong, but I believe he would have to check the box on the PCGS website that says something like "Make Public" in order for someone to list the submission number and find out the grades. If he does not check that box then you would not be able to find the grades for the submission number unless you had a PCGS account and it was your submission. If he gave you the individula certification number then you may simply click on the verification link on the PCGS website.

This may be wrong, but I believe he would have to check the box on the PCGS website that says something like "Make Public" in order for someone to list the submission number and find out the grades. If he does not check that box then you would not be able to find the grades for the submission number unless you had a PCGS account and it was your submission. If he gave you the individula certification number then you may simply click on the verification link on the PCGS website.

Precisely right. The dealer willprobably know how to do it; the option is on his membership page which lists all his orders. Once he designates the submission "Public," you need to know either the order number os the submission number, and go here:

http://www.pcgs.com/Membership/Shared.aspx

All shared orders are listed there; you'll have to search to find yours.

The trouble is, there will be other coins from that submission on the same order, and he might not want to share those results.

The trouble is, there will be other coins from that submission on the same order, and he might not want to share those results.

Precisely, because my orders are always mixed with my coins, and other peoples' coins, I keep all my invoices private.

My friend who submitted the coin gave me the submission number, do I have to look through all 20 pages to find it?

he said he made it public...

Is it OK if I give out the submission number? Or is that dangerous and I shouldn't do it?

First of all, please forgive me for asking this on the NGC forum. Over a year ago I was banned from the PCGS forums and I cannot post there.

Hi Kevin :hi:

If all of us who've been banned from pcgs, stopped sending coins to pcgs for grading, they'd be out of business lol

I don't have an answer to your question though. Good luck.

First of all, please forgive me for asking this on the NGC forum. Over a year ago I was banned from the PCGS forums and I cannot post there.

If all of us who've been banned from pcgs, stopped sending coins to pcgs for grading, they'd be out of business lol

What about this? If everyone who has been banned from PCGS intentionally put cracks in all of their PCGS slabs and sent them in for replacements, they wouldn't have time to grade any coins.

Chris

What about this? If everyone who has been banned from PCGS intentionally put cracks in all of their PCGS slabs and sent them in for replacements, they wouldn't have time to grade any coins.

Chris

Well, they'd still be able to grade but there'd be a long wait time at encapsulation.

Chris

Well, they'd still be able to grade but there'd be a long wait time at encapsulation.

"Due to the unusually high demand for our services, the turn-around time for Express Grading is now at 377 days. Walk-through is a few hours less."

Chris

Chris

10_7_6-1.gifI misread this the first time, i thought you said put [font:Arial Black]crack[/font] in their slabs and sent them in for replacements.36_11_6.gif

Chris

10_7_6-1.gifI misread this the first time, i thought you said put [font:Arial Black]crack[/font] in their slabs and sent them in for replacements.36_11_6.gif

lol (thumbs u lol (thumbs u lol (thumbs u lol (thumbs u

I don't believe you have told any of us what the submission number is and without this information there is no one here who can help you. The number is not a valuable bit of information to share.

I don't believe you have told any of us what the submission number is and without this information there is no one here who can help you. The number is not a valuable bit of information to share.

OK, as long as it isn't a secretive number or anything...here it is: PCGS SUBMISSION # 3678381

Currently, the PCGS database is telling me that it cannot find submission 3678381 using the shared orders page. This would likely mean that they either have not received the coins or the submitter did not click the shared submissions option.

Currently, the PCGS database is telling me that it cannot find submission 3678381 using the shared orders page. This would likely mean that they either have not received the coins or the submitter did not click the shared submissions option.

Well I have tracking for the package and it was confirmed that it made it to newport beach....where does my dealer have to select the shared submission option? On the forum that it's sent, or can he still select it on the webpage?

EDIT: My dealer said he DID check the shared order part..

As Larry mentioned, you can select this option at any time once you are logged into the PCGS site as a PCGS authorized submitter. The dealer would have to log onto the site and check to see if this particular submission has been checked off for public viewing.

Here's what my dealer said:

I HAVE ALREADY CHEKED THE BOX TO MAKE ALL OF MY ORDERS/SUBMISSIONS PUBLIC AND I JUST CHECKED IT AGAIN AND THEY ARE ALL LISTED 'PUBLIC'. THE STATUS OF YOUR COIN IS 'RECEIVED'. THEY HAVE NOT GRADED IT YET. BY THE WAY, THEIR BILLING OFFICE EMAILED ME YESTERDAY SAYING THAT I OWED AN ADDITIONAL $5, SO I HAD TO LET THEM CHARGE MY VISA AN EXTRA $5.

At this point all I can suggest to you is that the submission number is not as you typed it previously because I just went to PCGS again and logged in to search for that number and PCGS tells me that the order is not found.

At this point all I can suggest to you is that the submission number is not as you typed it previously because I just went to PCGS again and logged in to search for that number and PCGS tells me that the order is not found.

Well then I don't know what to do. My dealer told me they have the order and it's status is received... I don't want to bug him anymore.

Well then I don't know what to do. My dealer told me they have the order and it's status is received... I don't want to bug him anymore.

It sounds as if there is nothing else to do until the order has been completed and returned to you. So, that means no worrying/sweating it. ;)