• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

philippine coin help

5 posts in this topic

i have a 12-s Ten Centavos piece. i cherry picked it out of a roll a few years back for $5 i opened my redbook this morning and went to the Philippine coin secion and to my utter amazement in 63 it lists for $175. my piece has full cart wheel luster with only 1 small mark in the field. do ou think it's woth getting graded? is $175+ a realistic price? (i'm not a philippine coin guy)

Thanks!

i have a 12-s Ten Centavos piece. i cherry picked it out of a roll a few years back for $5 i opened my redbook this morning and went to the Philippine coin secion and to my utter amazement in 63 it lists for $175. my piece has full cart wheel luster with only 1 small mark in the field. do ou think it's woth getting graded? is $175+ a realistic price? (i'm not a philippine coin guy)

Thanks!

do you mean 1963 10 Cent ? hm

I'd like to see a photo of the coin to tell for certain, but yes, I would. BU lists at $125.00, grading fees, insurance probably $20.00 max, and in a holder you might get close to that.

P.S. thats the opinion of one man, with no more knowledge of the coin phenomenon, than the average t.v coin show host.

Filipino coinage is popular in a small segment of the market, but I wouldn't trust Redbook for prices. Take a look on Ebay or Heritage to see what they are bringing. If they are indeed bringing that much, it might not hurt to get it slabbed.