• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A "Thank You" to All !

10 posts in this topic

Research and writing for the series of three books known as Renaissance of American Coinage began in 1999 as a short article about the Peace dollar. I guess it got out of control because it ended up as nearly 1,000 pages of detailed numismatic exploration.

From beginnings in 1905 through the next two decades our great nation, for one brief and glorious period, boasted the most creative, artistic and expressive coinage in the world. Visiting citizens of other nations held not history in their hands, but the present America – strong, proud, free, confident. It is a collective ideal many long to recapture, yet is as elusive as morning mist.

During the eight years it has taken to research, edit, write and rewrite, and publish these volumes, I have benefited from the generous assistance and thoughtful suggestions from a great many collectors and professional numismatists who post on this message forum. Some of these contributors are noted in the published books, others chose to be anonymous. Others may not have realized that their questions, comments and ideas expressed on these pages have been a wonderful source of inspiration, reflection, and sometimes redirection for this writer. Each of you in your own way has helped to search through thousands of musty documents to create what, I hope, will become a long-term guide to the rebirth of art on American coin.

To all who contribute to these forums now and in the past, a deeply appreciative “THANK YOU!” for your support, encouragement, assistance and thoughtfulness.

Roger W. Burdette

In all actuality, the "Thank You" should also be re-directed back at you for all the accurate/concise information you have shared with us fourumites.

We have all learned by the sharing of information and hopefully will continue to do so in the future.

A touch of class on top of everything else. Congratulations, Roger, on finishing the work and making it a job well done. It will pass the test of time.

Awesome accomplishments and research! Thank you for making numismatics that much richer. There really cannot be enough thanks for your contributions to documenting the history of our coins. Great job! :) (thumbs u

I am going to echo what others have said: THANK YOU!

The three volumes of Renaissance of American Coinage represent seminal works in numismatics that will be the reference for years to come. They should be the standard for future numismatic research.

The Book of the Year awards from the Numismatic Litterary Guild for the last two years are well deserved. I would not be going that far out on a limb predicting a third award for the final book!

Scott :hi:

I am only just echoing what everyone else has said, but thank you. Your dedication and perseverance over the last 8 years is amazing, this was quite a project to undertake and you have succeeded gloriously. You are a wealth of information, and we all appreciate your knowledge here.

Roger, I'm sure that most will agree that it is we who should be thanking you for all your years of effort to produce these works. Congratulations!

Chris

I echo the praise for you Roger and Thank You for sharing your wealth of knowledge with everyone here. This debt of gratitude is shared by all in this great community of coin collectors. :golfclap: