• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need some advice.

12 posts in this topic

The pictures are clearly inadequate but I would guess MS-63 details and possibly cleaned. I don't see any luster disturbances in the field. The breast is the only sign of what might be wear but can't tell with those pics. The rims look good and uncirc which is a good sign.

The pictures are clearly inadequate but I would guess MS-63 details and possibly cleaned. I don't see any luster disturbances in the field. The breast is the only sign of what might be wear but can't tell with those pics. The rims look good and uncirc which is a good sign.

I still have lots to learn!

I thought the coin looked kinda spooky but was not sure.

Thanks, I will keep looking.

Ray

Maybe I missed the boat here, but why does a coin of this nature have to be slabbed to be good? Lets get real here this is basically bullion, and with gold around $700.00 the price is not all that bad. I think the coin is MS. Price is fair and looks unmessed with. Just my thoughts.

Maybe I missed the boat here, but why does a coin of this nature have to be slabbed to be good? Lets get real here this is basically bullion, and with gold around $700.00 the price is not all that bad. I think the coin is MS. Price is fair and looks unmessed with. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for messing with my mind Bruce. hm

The coin looked pretty good to me ( images are not that good but did not show to many heavy marks) but I was not sure if it was "original".

I will keep it in my favorite file and watch what it does.

Thanks again,

Ray

A raw gold coin on eBay could be counterfeit, overgraded, harshly cleaned, rim filed, tooled, etc. Why take the chance? A gold coin in a top tier slab isn't necessarily that much more expensive than a similar raw coin. Also, when it comes time to sell, the slabbed coin will be easier to sell and you will get back any premium that you paid for the slab.

A raw gold coin on eBay could be counterfeit, overgraded, harshly cleaned, rim filed, tooled, etc. Why take the chance? A gold coin in a top tier slab isn't necessarily that much more expensive than a similar raw coin. Also, when it comes time to sell, the slabbed coin will be easier to sell and you will get back any premium that you paid for the slab.

Tis all relative.... I like raw coins... If you are scared of fakes do not buy... Simple as that. I did not check the return policy, but I would he has some sorta policy.

Tis all relative.... I like raw coins... If you are scared of fakes do not buy... Simple as that. I did not check the return policy, but I would he has some sorta policy.

10 day return policy (less shipping) for unslabbed coins (like this.) I agree with Bruceswars here. There are a few photos with varying light angles. The initial photo looks weak but other angles reveal better definition, such as in the feathers. Can't see, from the detail showing, how this would be a slider. Can't see real evidence of cleaning. Surfaces look good. Overall a nice looking coin. Maybe a touch pricey but certainly not over the top and just see nothing to induce doubt on the coin itself.