• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are any requiem services planned for CoinVault TV ?

22 posts in this topic

CoinVault, like 'em or hate 'em has gone belly- up ! We can only hope this does not fore tell the future for other coin dealers. The Shop At Home television network is defunct. Hard to believe they were not making $$ selling most items at hugely inflated prices.

Maybe the addage---you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time, applies here !

Mis-information?

As a test, this very moment, I am watching a streaming TV show on their web-site, listening to Richard Chambers hawk 20 Franklins for $179.98

They are still cranking out coins/currency on the Vault.

I don't know if their coming or going out . I do feel they gamble every time they sell something with 3 to 6 month payment options because I would have to guess many people don't end up paying because of cards over limits- accounts closed - stolen cards- buyers remorse

I don't know if their coming or going out . I do feel they gamble every time they sell something with 3 to 6 month payment options because I would have to guess many people don't end up paying because of cards over limits- accounts closed - stolen cards- buyers remorse

With the prices they charge they'd only have to collect 1 or 2 payments to get a fair bit for the coins and you have to assume that they have the 1st payment in hand prior to shipment.

I don't understand why ANYONE buys from them for those prices.

Coin Vault should be no market indicator. They are the anti-market. They make up random prices, sell their at those prices, and should not even be considered as a trend-setter for things to come.

when i ask what my favorite comedy on Tv is i reply The coin vault. i honestly get a kick out of watching them attempt to see such overpriced junk

Yeah, I think they're a scream too.

I saw them try to sell MS65 Washington smooth-edge coins in ngc slabs for about $300 a piece. They were pitching the sale like the coin was some kind of holy grail. I loved it personally, but I didn't feel the least bit tempted to pick up a phone.

There are definitely better laughs out there though. CoinVault is funny but also just a little bit sad since you know somebody out there is falling for it.

So long as there are suckers in this world, shows like "Get Ripped-Off at Home" will have an audience and sadly a customer base.

The thing really gets me about these guys is that they get away with making comments about how what they are selling are "investments." Back in the 1980s the Federal Trade Commission banned a number of coin dealers for making that claim. Those dealers deserved the ax to be sure. They did great damage to the hobby for personal gain. Still I can’t see how “Get Ripped-Off at Home” can get away with what they claim.

Even legitimate dealers avoid touting their offerings as “investments” because of past legal problems. hm

This is only part of the problem. I looked at Coin Country the other night to see what was going on with these shows.They were selling 2007 W MS70s Silver Eagles for $149.00 and going on and on about how they reduced their Price from $169.00.

The population in American Silver Eagles for MS 70 is already almost 13,000 and this is in MS70.You can get an NGC graded MS70 Silver Eagle on EBay for less than $70.00 as a 2007W. They all start out talking about how the 2006W was success and there was only a 250,000 Minted that that they think the 2007 W will be the same situation.

This. is just one of the Spiels.They always bring up a previous year and then use such words as "I think" or "Maybe"

I watched the show last night as I always do on Sunday & Monday nights. I think that they took a week off after labor day. For a all of the misinformation that they give, they also give some real information also that can be helpful. Like it or not, they are a market maker in products. They need a quantity of material to sell. If they are touting something then they must have bought or going to buy a certain amount of product. They can control the market by buying up thousands of pieces. Except for Coin World and this site it is my only other link to Coin news. I would never buy from them but they do keep you abreast of what is happening in the coin market.

Should someone make a CoinVault RIP medal with busts of the hosts?

How about a cemetery scene depicting a laborer digging a plot with the pile of dirt alongside in high relief.

Chris

I used to enjoy the Coin Vault back in my rookie days when I was still learning. Now, it just increases my blood pressure to see the hyperinflated prices on junk coins and mint products.

While some of the shows can be informative there is too much repetition.I can't tell if it is a re-run or just the same show.Basicallly they are the same Coins over and over.

I did watch Coin Country for a few minutes the other day.They had a 1995 Silver Eagle in MS70 for $1250.00. Numismedia here lists it for a Value of $750.00 and I have found a few places less than $600.00,Even at $750.00 this is about a 60% Mark-up and they tell you that you are getting not only a good deal but nobody offers a better deal.

While some of the shows can be informative there is too much repetition.I can't tell if it is a re-run or just the same show.Basicallly they are the same Coins over and over.

These guys could air re-runs of their shows. Their prices are so high it would take a major upsurge in the market to cause them to lose money.

Coin Vault is still on.

There are terrible and overpriced restaurants, automobiles, washing machines, TV sets, etc. In a free market system, it's up to the buyer to do some research, since the courts have ruled that sellers can "puff" their wares quite a bit without breaking the law.

Would you rather have the government tell you what to sell, how you are allowed to describe it, and how much you can charge?