• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saw this on Heratige,,,,,,Warning,,Darkside

9 posts in this topic

Wow, hard to believe that is a coin from the 19th century with that much detail. When I first saw it I thought it was an ultra modern coin not one that is 112 years old.

This is a wonderful coin design that is also available in silver on three and five Mark designs with a correspondingly lower price. I have coveted this design for my collection. Yes, it is a Bird of Paradise.

This is a wonderful coin design that is also available in silver on three and five Mark designs with a correspondingly lower price. I have coveted this design for my collection. Yes, it is a Bird of Paradise.

yup, Mr. TJ is correct. These coins are WILDLY popular with darkside collectors like myself; trouble is, the beautiful designs come with fairly hefty price tags. That gold issue is worth every penny IMHO.

The more I look at this coin, the more I am understanding a high price, (11K I don't know about that). But for 1895 that coin is in spectacular condition based on the images. The details are so well presented with a very solid and strong strike on both obverse and reverse. That coin would warrant a very high grade in my opinion. I would say MS 66 at least.

I need to stop looking at it, it is too nice.

Rey