• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Un*spoon*believeable *spoon* eBay *spoon* stupid *spoon*

38 posts in this topic

Personally, I'm going to continue to use stock photos for generic modern slabs and just not note it in the auction anymore. I seriously doubt that it will cause problems, but if it does... :shrug:

That was my first thought as well - although it's bound to cause a problem or two.

I just learned several weeks ago that many bidders will bid more for certain SERIAL NUMBERS if they're looking for a given coin. :makepoint:

I've had several people message me to ask about the serial number of the coin they would receive from my stock photo listings. Had one guy who's apparently putting together an Eagle Set and only wants serials ending in 006. Must be a NASCAR fan. (shrug)

Personally, I'm going to continue to use stock photos for generic modern slabs and just not note it in the auction anymore. I seriously doubt that it will cause problems, but if it does... :shrug:

That was my first thought as well - although it's bound to cause a problem or two.

I just learned several weeks ago that many bidders will bid more for certain SERIAL NUMBERS if they're looking for a given coin. :makepoint:

I've had several people message me to ask about the serial number of the coin they would receive from my stock photo listings. Had one guy who's apparently putting together an Eagle Set and only wants serials ending in 006. Must be a NASCAR fan. (shrug)

I would introduce them to michael. :cloud9: .

Misery always loves company and It's obvious that anyone who collects serial numbers on a piece of plastic Really needs to get out more often......

I just learned several weeks ago that many bidders will bid more for certain SERIAL NUMBERS if they're looking for a given coin.

A few months ago I bought an AU58 half eagle in an older ANACS holder with serial number 666666. Got it off eBay at around grey sheet ask which was only a little over melt. The dealer was hyping the serial number but I guess I was the only one that wanted it. You could say the devil made me do it.

It will be a boon for the TPGs, now bulk submissions will have to add bulk pics to go along with it.

You already can enter the cert # in eBay, why not pull in a pic too.

I suggested to eBay that they have some sort of system that allows sellers who meet certain qualifications to continue to use stock photos. The rep said he'd note that in my account and pass it along to his manager.

Greg, what will you do if a buyer complains that the serial number on the insert is not the same as the one shown in your photo?

eBay never said you couldn't edit out the serial number from the picture.

I can put something in the auctions like: Insert number has been edited out to prevent theft by registry set scammers. ;)

Of perhaps I can superimpose my eBay ID over the serial as some people do to prevent others from using their pictures.

My stupid thought: $10K in fees this year should get me some respect and a competent person to talk to at eBay.

Why don't you give me the RESPECT that I'm entitled toooo?