• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In the Buff (Large Pic)

4 posts in this topic

Pretty coin and a nice acquisition for you jhar.

I wonder how the original, i.e., the buffalo nickel, would have fared if it had the date incuse and the denomination incuse in the mound? I also wonder what the reaction of the time would have been if IN GOD WE TRUST would have been added to to the nickel. I personally think the motto (E PLURIBUS UNUM) under the bison's nose (on the dollar) looks awful. Of course, with all the design augmentation for the dollar, the bison is diminutive, LIBERTY is crowded on the obverse, and the Indian's nose is not as proud. 893whatthe.gif

Hoot

Thanks Hoot.

My wife ordered this from the mint for me as a Father's Day present. I've always admired the Buffalo Nickel design and thought this would be a cool commemorative to own.

I posted the picture of it because I wanted to see what kinds of discussion would erupt from a coin picture being posted without any real topic or question associated with it.

Besides I was working on my coin picture taking skills. It's very hard to take good pictures of a proof coin!!!