• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

will the rim ding BB this half dime?

11 posts in this topic

Do I submit or just enjoy it raw? If you care to hazard a grade guess, please do :cool:

RIMG0092.jpg

RIMG0096.jpg

It looks like I have goofed up the image size but it conveys my concerns about the rim ding at 3o'clock. Thanks for your input

The ding might preclude slabbing at PCGS or NGC, but the coin appears far too light to have a natural skin and this might be due to a past cleaning or a dip. If the coin was cleaned then there would be little chance of certification at PCGS or NGC.

Thanks for the input :) I realize I need to work on my photography skills but I am light years ahead of where I was 3 months ago thanks to the forum and suggestions from Rey and others here :cool: I know the pictures weren't great but what clues do I look for to indicate polishing or cleaned. Under magnification I don't see any lines that would be caused by polishing as they are random and scattered in all directions. What am I overlooking? Thanks again for all the assistance. :foryou:

Thanks for the input :) I realize I need to work on my photography skills but I am light years ahead of where I was 3 months ago thanks to the forum and suggestions from Rey and others here :cool: I know the pictures weren't great but what clues do I look for to indicate polishing or cleaned. Under magnification I don't see any lines that would be caused by polishing as they are random and scattered in all directions. What am I overlooking? Thanks again for all the assistance. :foryou:

Here are my three examples:

first clean and retoned

DSCN0717.jpg[/img]

Next, recently cleaned and polished

DSCN0718.jpg[/img]

Finally, a problem free example

DSCN0712.jpg[/img]

I hope I got this right, for I'm still learning just like you Ron.

John :)

if you want it in a slab - send it to ANACS

they will grade almost anything - even if has been cleaned or has some damage on it but they will put the condition on the label- naturally

Snowman