• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1909 VDB Lincoln Arrived Today

19 posts in this topic

Not too shabby if I say so myself ;) Very nice lustre, some color, with a nice strike.

Sellers Image

09VDB66RB.jpg

DSCN4349A.jpg

DSCN4350.jpg

The seller's images make it appear to have a nice glow, but your images make it look fantastic, which images do you think are closer to the look in-hand for color, luster and overall feel? hm

The seller's images make it appear to have a nice glow, but your images make it look fantastic, which images do you think are closer to the look in-hand for color, luster and overall feel? hm

That's a fair question Tom. I always feel my images portray the coin as it looks in hand. Actually, the coin looks even better for the attributes you described than my images can portray. I would hope that anyone who has purchased coins from me can vouch for that accuracy. As you know, the camera and lighting used plays a huge part in how a coin looks. I have a NIKON Coolpix 5700 and use two 13W OTT-LITES. Here are the sellers images of the coin in the holder:

09VDB66RBslabobv.jpgf722_1.jpg

And mine:

DSCN4337A.jpg

I couldn't decide which background looked better for this coin. The clear or the black?

DSCN4349d.jpg

DSCN4349b.jpg

Thanks again Tom for your question.

Absolutely wonderful looking VDB Lee. I can definitely vouch for the fact that although images can be good or fantastic, I have always, 100% been totally more than pleased with coins from Lee once in hand. Just exceptional.

Congrats on the new one.

Rey

Absolutely wonderful looking VDB Lee. I can definitely vouch for the fact that although images can be good or fantastic, I have always, 100% been totally more than pleased with coins from Lee once in hand. Just exceptional.

Congrats on the new one.

Rey

Thanks Rey!! :)

Appreciate everyones thoughts and comments!!!!!!! (thumbs u

Beautiful tone, subtle yet eye catching, on a very nicely preserved coin. :cloud9:

What a find considering the sellers photo looks nothing like it, (thumbs u sweet…

Actually I like your RB better than most RDs, (even the ones that are really red.) hm

i just want to brag i guess... i looked at about 30 VDB's yesterday and found 2 double die's.. the FS 12 (the good one)... one was XF, the other was 63 RB..... NICE :-D - apparently when they say 'supply exeeds demand' they're correct. ?

p.s... has anyone noticed that in the last 2 years or so, regular 09 vdb's have gone from $4 to $11? nice movement in the 'ol lincolns these days.....