• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on this 1922 cent, please

7 posts in this topic

The coin is raw, and I am going to sell it but I want opinions on the grade. Grading these is tough and hopefully the photos are adequate. thanks.

edited to add: you can see the 22 when the coin is tilted.

44038-15-1922weakDObv.jpg.43a5672c3fd2419d3e329bdb11ae3e7a.jpg

44039-15-1922weakDRev.jpg.7c355be646c8ccaa0cbb4b9ac75b8c80.jpg

There are three varieties of the 1922 "Plain" cent. I am not an expert in this field, but I known this is NOT the #2 die pair which is the "main" variety that collectors really want.

I don't think you are going to get much for this unless it is certified. I don't know about NGC, but I do know that PCGS at one time only recognized the #2 die pair. You have check with ANACS to see if they certify the others.

At any rate if it is genuine, I agree with the others. It looks like a Good, but probably grades VG.

The coin is mine and was upgraded about ten years ago. I figured it to be at best VG and if I remember correctly was die pair #3 but a very poor example due to the very weak obverse strike and wear. Thanks everyone for the opinions.