• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why oh why......

16 posts in this topic

He likes the blue-green tint, doesn't he. All of his buyers seem to be satisfied with them, though. Maybe he has found his niche.

His finger prints are all over those coins, I hope the FBI is not looking for him.

Ray

There are 14 or 15 that run the gamut in denominations and all with similar toning. Even an IHC & Lincoln? I don't think so!

Chris

Mostly silver coins but it does not stop there. Here is a good example, i'm going to buy some coins and Crayons and make some retirement money.

Ray

(thumbs u

well he is only giving the retarded insufficiently_thoughtful_person buyers what they want on sleezebay and making some good bucks himself

so why not....................................

feed the pigs poisoned slop????

they keep coming back for more

life is sure a strange place

well he is only giving the retarded insufficiently_thoughtful_person buyers what they want
I agree. A better question is why oh why do people buy this. It's obvious the reason the seller does it is because there are buyers.

We have discussed this seller previously and it appears that these deceptions will not soon stop. We (I) can only hope that by handling these acid toned coins with their bare fingers, that their liver will soon quiver and will pickle itself within time.

They can then serve it up as “Pâté de foie gras with fava beans” a just and fitting farewell.

My opinion is that he is trying to give them that "canvas bag" toning look to make them seem authentic to the uneducated buyer....

Seems to be a lot of those around E-bay..... :screwy:

MM

It looks like many of his buyers bought more than one from him.

His images are pretty good at showing a coin at it's best.

It would be interesting to know how many returns he gets.

OK Confession time....

I correctly guessed who the link was about before clicking on it.

When this seller first came around I actually purchased 3 commems from them. They were not quite as "toned" as some of his are now.

Remember, I'm a little more savvy now than I was back then. Anyway once in hand I immediately decided I didn't like the Connecticut or the Oregon. The Stone Mountain however was technically as nice as one could imagine, although it too seemed AT'd.

In the end I sent them all back and received a refund with no problems from the seller. Subsequently I've seen 2 of the coins be "resold" on more than one occasion.

It's too bad that this is occurring. Even today, with a lot more experience I'd bet that the Stone Mountain he had (if not for the added color) would have a serious shot as a 67.

I still look at their stuff once in awhile although I don't really know why.