• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new Bust 25c piece. JUST bought it.

19 posts in this topic

I realize that it is nothing fantastic but I sure find these old pieces appealing even in the lowly grade of G4, such as this one! I love these old pieces!!!!!!

The pic is a bit dark but it looks pretty nice and original.

46135.jpg

Goose, great coin! I have been buying quite a few of the early quarters for our inventory just because I am addicted to early American coinage.....especially quarters. Your coin is B-3 (R.1), fyi. Dr. Peterson (et. al) will have their new quarter book out in a few months (I hope). Can't wait for that book!

Dennis (jadecoin left)

thanks for the info Dennis. Can you translate that stuff for me?

As you know I've been after a piece of bust coinage for quite some time. I would like to buy some nicer ones but as someone in this thread said they are all nice!

The good thing about quarters in G-4 is that most have escaped cleaning...relative to higher grade examples. Your coin looks original and nice. B-3 is the most common variety, but then again there is little premium associated with the rarer varieties. That's because few people collect bust quarters by variety. That will probably change with Dr. Peterson's new book. Your new purchase is exactly what a 200 year old piece of silver should look like. Looks great!! thumbsup2.gif

Nice freakin' coin, goose3! smile.gif

Early, problem free type is an incredible value, in my opinion. The entire key to it, however, is in finding problem free coins. You did just that. The price of these pieces, relative to their rarity and availability is stunning. I have one or two nice early type pieces but have no intention of selling them. I would buy more if I could find them.

Nice coin! smile.gif

I was bored and looked on certified collectors exchange for a nice bust coin............ran across this at JJTparty and immediately called Liz.

For 179.00 I personally don't feel you can buy SO much history for so little!

I can't wait to get it even though it's a low grade. It looked nice so I jumped all over it.

thanks for the nice comments all!

Very cool. Always leaves me wondering who had it and spent it... What has this coin seen?

I have it on good authority that Lewis and Clark had this one as a pocket piece on their journey. Think I can get it pedigreed? makepoint.gifinsane.gif