• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obverse Shame!!

5 posts in this topic

If ever their was a shame, this is it. Such a beautiful coin that appears to have been jammed in a machine of some sort. Nice high quality coin until damage occurred. Oh well. I can't guess at what it would have graded at, if it really matters.

1833obvrevdamaged.jpg

If ever their was a shame, this is it. Such a beautiful coin that appears to have been jammed in a machine of some sort. Nice high quality coin until damage occurred. Oh well. I can't guess at what it would have graded at, if it really matters.

1833obvrevdamaged.jpg

wow, thats a pitty. reminds me of the stone mountain half i have, ms 65 obv. but deep scratched on the Rev. :sorry:

I call that one "Road Kill"

Looks like it fell out of a knickered kids pocket and landed in a wagon rut face down and then prompltly run over a few times imparting the gravely looking texture on the obverse.

It hurts to even look upon the horse trodden ole'copper.