• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your dream coin, using the obverse and reverse from 2 different coins...

21 posts in this topic

Perhaps you like the Chain Cent obverse best among all Large Cent types, but you prefer the Wreath Cent reverse. Or the $10 Indian obverse but the 1795 Small Eagle $10 reverse. Or the Two Cent obverse and the Indian Cent reverse. Or whatever hm

Using any known obverse design and any known reverse design from two different coins, regardless of type or denomination, show us your blended dream coin......

Without intending to it I'm getting close to putting together a 1795 year set. The $10 gold is one coin that would be a major financial stretch for me to do that. So here's my 1799 eagle combined with my 1795 half eagle reverse.

1799EagleO.jpg1795HalfEagleR.jpg

Both the Buffalo Nickel and Walking Liberty Half are in my top five favorites so this combination works for me…

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9::cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

funny-half.jpg

If someone is going to "cheat" and not use two different coins, it might as well be me, in my own thread - a con like this would certainly be high on my list:

1796_quarterobv.jpg1796_quarter_rev.jpg

If someone is going to "cheat" and not use two different coins, it might as well be me, in my own thread - a con like this would certainly be high on my list:

Cheat? Not me. I used two different coins. They just happen to come from the same year and series.

okbustchaser:

Duh!

You combined an 1827 Obverse Die 15 with a photo of an 1827 Reverse Die K, we ALL know what die marriage that equals.

I'm a blonde senior - and even I can figure out this one.

Can any one else?

Try again, you can fool some of the people, but not all of the people.

Regards,

Ed R.

Cheat? Not me. I used two different coins. They just happen to come from the same year and series.

Can someone say.....R8