• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone help me with loading photo on the registry set?

8 posts in this topic

I follow the instruction the NGC has on how to load the photos, but everytime I try i get a message stating 120 KB. I try using photobuck to load the photos but that failed as well. Maybe i'm having problem with my photo size and if so how do i get it down to the right size? Thank you

John :)

I'm not sure how you computer system shows photo size, but here's the way I do it.

I take my pictures and then crop them down to just large enough to show the coin. The I save the image in a folder. I have a Windows Navigator program that helps me organize files. If I place the arrow over an image, which can be a thumbnail, it will tell me the size of the image in KBs. If it is over the 120 I know that have to go to my photo editing program, which in my case is called Micro Soft Digital Imaging. I had to purchase this program, and cost me about $80 at Staples. With that program I do my photo cropping, editing and a host of other functions.

I always save the original photo because it has the best detail. Once you start to lower the number of KBs in the photo it loses clarity. I save the photo with “sm” for “small” at the end of the title. Then I use the “reduce the size of photo” function to get it down the 120 DB than the registry will accept. The best way I've found to check out the size of the photo is to back to the Navigator program and check it from there.

I’m no computer guru, but I’ve imaged every coin in my registry sets. And I think that vast majority of the photos are pretty good. You can check out my type set.

Bill Jones' Type Set

BTW doing this takes a while so don’t expect to process 50 coins in an afternoon. Do it over a period of time.

Bill,

Your photos in your Registry are very nice and have good clarity. I have always had difficulty getting certain photos to the proper size. Need to spend more time on this going forward.

Rey

I have the Coral paint shop pro, but i can get somethingelse, because this is one of those 90 free trial thing.

Bill thank you for information and I will try working on it this weekend. You photos look great, but your coins are outstanding. :cloud9: I have a seller ( PCGS forum member) who is working with me on building my collection. He is constantly telling me that I will need to take my time building my collection, and i'm starting to see it now. Seeing your collection and some of the others on the forum, it takes time to build a worthy collection, a collection one could take pride in. Thank you

John :)