• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm very impressed!

3 posts in this topic

I am very impressed with NGC's consistency! I have sent a few state quarters in recently and they have done an excellent job on them. Their grading is every bit as tight as PCGS on modern coins too. And, what's even better is the fact that they are super consistent! On multiple submissions, a coin with certain charactristics grades a certain way every time. At PCGS a coin with certain characteristics grades first as an MS68, then an MS66, then a 67, etc. This is not the case at NGC!

In light of these facts, I think accurately graded NGC State Quarters are a real deal, considering they unjustifiably sell for only about 1/3 the price of PCGS coins, which have no standard of quality what-so-ever. I'm proud to say that the nicest state quarter I have ever seen or owned is my freshly graded 2002-P LA NGC MS68. I'm very surprised it didn't get a star!

I have also seen amazing consistency with Bust Halves and Jefferson Nickles and all the other coins that I have submitted. PCGS is all over the place with just about every series.

I've had similar experiences coinman. As I mentioned elsewhere, sometimes to my frustration because I thought that a given coin should be graded higher. But! I'll take the consistency any day.

Hoot

I agree. NGC is much more consistant on gold coins as well. Almost all of the gold that I have which are in PCGS slabs, are undergraded. I personally think that NGC does a much better job of accurately grading gold. As a result, I am in the process of cracking-out my PCGS Gold coins and resubmitting them to NGC. tongue.gif