• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What can 50 cents buy you? Expand your horizons...

15 posts in this topic

Here is what 50 cents can buy you. This is why foreign coins are soo cool at times. What is not to like at 50 cents?

19632c.jpg

19632co.jpg

19632cr.jpg

Your thoughts and opinions? Just think if this piece was American..

very cool! love the toning, i agree if you dont have to spend $1,000 to enjoy the hobby than more power to ya. i knwo that i cant spend that much money on a coin but heck i still love it :)

EXCELLENT pickup Bruce!!! Very attractive. :applause:

Best 50 cents I ever spent!! I got 2 of them. The other one is not toned, but still sweet! BU as well!! As a side note I worked this coin over a bit. It had a touch of green on it which I was able to get off carefully with a toothpick.

Unfortunately, it will not buy anything that I collect. A few bucks will get me something (on occasion) but that is the least I can spend on my series since I only collect high grade.

Yes usally 50 cents will not get my anything either, but these were must haves at that price.

Nice images from the Darkside Bruce...I got these realtively cheap also, but not as cheap as your find.

MexicoII.jpg

MexicoIII.jpg

I got this set years ago off e-bay when silver was hovering around $6-7 per oz. I know I paid less $10 plus a couple of bucks for shipping,

just interested in having them and I knew the Peso was a good one. They went to .500 fine in 1947

From top left to right

1959 DIEZ CENTAVOS (TEN CENTS)

1943 UN PESO (A WEIGHT) SILVER .720 with 12 g of silver to the peso

1963 CINCO CENTAVOS (FIVE CENTS)

1959 CINCUENTA CENTAVOS (FIFTY CENTS) bronze

1964 1 C (ONE CENT)

1960 20 CENTAVOS (TWENTY CENTS)

If you happen have Mexican coins that are from 1970 to 1992, they are out of circulation, and have no monetary value. In 1993, Mexico issued "Nuevo" pesos (new pesos) in order to stem inflation, and the last two zeros were removed from the value - in other words, an "old" peso coin with a face value of $1000 was worth what a $10 nuevo peso coin is worth today. The only value of Mexican currency from 1970-1992, should you happen to have some, is as a souvenir or novelty