• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*DELETED*

44 posts in this topic

Let Me Also Welcome Our Brothers And Sisters From Their Long And Arduous Journey.

To the Light That Is Us.

For We care NOT weitherest thou art Modern Or Thou Art Classic.

All Are Equal In The LIGHT which Is This Board.

Why.......We EVEN have A Cammie. 893whatthe.gif

Most of us are here simply because we revel in coins, and we pride ourselves on a more intellectual sharing of our numismatic knowledge. And, the core of us have tried to impart a personality to this forum that is of a different flavor than what we'd find across the street.

It seems, however, that this place is too reminiscent of that other place. We have lots of familiar names, with even WSM registered here. We have some kool-aid drinkers here, and we have a fair number of politically sensitive and heated threads too.

Most of the heated threads seem to be imports from threads across the street. Other than that, I think that we still do a pretty good job of maintaining the personality of this board.

It is debatable that this thread is OT. Yes, in the sense that it is not about coins per se. No, because it is about the forum itself. Arguably, that makes it somewhat topical, doesn't it?

EVP

If its about the forum, go to the water cooler. Lets not ruin this great coin forum with semi OT posts.

cameron Kiefer

This thread is OT and should be removed from the boards. It has nothing to do with coins and I wish I hadn't responded before. I thought I was in the water cooler section.

Cameron Kiefer

Hi Cammie.First off SHUT UP.

2SHUT UP

3SHUT UP

4SHUT UP

5SHUT UP

6SHUT UP

7SHUT UP

8SHUT UP

9SHUT UP

And Finally 10SHUT UP

Or by all means you are invited to take your rude ARSE ack over there so you and SM1 can get real Cuddly.

It is debatable that this thread is OT. Yes, in the sense that it is not about coins per se. No, because it is about the forum itself. Arguably, that makes it somewhat topical, doesn't it?

EVP

If its about the forum, go to the water cooler. Lets not ruin this great coin forum with semi OT posts.

cameron Kiefer

CAN YOU BE ANY MORE DENSE tonofbricks.gif

This thread is OT and should be removed from the boards. It has nothing to do with coins and I wish I hadn't responded before. I thought I was in the water cooler section.

Cameron Kiefer

2SHUT UP

3SHUT UP

4SHUT UP

5SHUT UP

6SHUT UP

7SHUT UP

8SHUT UP

9SHUT UP

And Finally 10SHUT UP

Or by all means you are invited to take your rude ARSE ack over there so you and SM1 can get real Cuddly.

Great welcoming to the new members. I bet the moderators would love to open the coin forum page and see this. This deserves a strike and I am not going to go off and tell. They will find it themselves.

Cameron Kiefer

Half the people are the banned people from across the street and it is exactly the same as over there.

Cameron Kiefer

Cameron, not that you aren't notorious for posting some intelligent impaired information, but this one has to take the cake. Half the people????, there are what 5 or 6 banned PCGS members so using your math this board has one and a half members? Are you the half? flamed.gif

Cameron Kiefer

2SHUT UP

3SHUT UP

4SHUT UP

5SHUT UP

6SHUT UP

7SHUT UP

8SHUT UP

9SHUT UP

And Finally 10SHUT UP

Great welcoming to the new members. I bet the moderators would love to open the coin forum page and see this. This deserves a strike and I am not going to go off and tell. They will find it themselves.

Cameron Kiefer

Get a Clue Cammie.Over here we don't need a little kid running around deciding what is OT.

We are Adults.

If you feel the need to open your mouth and Spew rudeness you WILL be held accountable.

There is always the OTHER board Where your whining and immaturaty is actually encouraged.

But not here.

Rudeness? I am not some little kid running around. This is the first time I have said a topic was OT in ther coin forum.

This isn't rude:

2SHUT UP

3SHUT UP

4SHUT UP

5SHUT UP

6SHUT UP

7SHUT UP

8SHUT UP

9SHUT UP

And Finally 10SHUT UP

???????????????????????????????

Cameron Kiefer

Rudeness? I am not some little kid running around. This is the first time I have said a topic was OT in ther coin forum.

This isn't rude:

2SHUT UP

3SHUT UP

4SHUT UP

5SHUT UP

6SHUT UP

7SHUT UP

8SHUT UP

9SHUT UP

And Finally 10SHUT UP

???????????????????????????????

Cameron Kiefer

Why Yes it is.And Intentional as well.How does it feel.

Who do you think you are?

Are you being paid by NGC to be a jerk or is it just something you do.

You owe EVP an Apology.

• Administrator

Hi... hi.gif

Controversial topics come with communities. There is no such thing as a community that doesn't have rough spots and bumps. In the end, the differentiator is how those things are resolved and what makes up the baseline of content and feeling. Expecting utopia is bound to result in disappointment. Does the community encourage a trend towards a closer knit whole that gets along well for the majority of the time, or does it encourage sub-division into cliques? Does it largely push towards a warm and tolerant atmosphere or an irritated and closed one?

Personally, I think this community does a nice job of being a melting pot towards warm and tolerant, with only the occasional break in that vibe.

Arch

Hi... hi.gif

Controversial topics come with communities. There is no such thing as a community that doesn't have rough spots and bumps. In the end, the differentiator is how those things are resolved and what makes up the baseline of content and feeling. Expecting utopia is bound to result in disappointment. Does the community encourage a trend towards a closer knit whole that gets along well for the majority of the time, or does it encourage sub-division into cliques? Does it largely push towards a warm and tolerant atmosphere or an irritated and closed one?

Personally, I think this community does a nice job of being a melting pot towards warm and tolerant, with only the occasional break in that vibe.

Arch

I Concur and will say No more on the matter.

Yes, this place is becomming more like across the street. That is going to happen no matter what. RCC went that path. PCGS forums went that path. Now these forums are going that path.

The people who populate the forums will decide how it will go. Still, these are the best coin forums I've found. Very little fighting, very little OT stuff, almost no trolls, and lots of info - even if it is slow at times.

The best thing about these forums is that NGC seems to care about them. They work at making the successfuly. Across the street they abandoned them until it was a pit of anger they caused.

Also, thankfully, there aren't a lot of die hard modern fans who also love NGC. We won't be seeing posts about MS66 state quarters and asking if it is worth it to upgrade to an MS67 for registry set purposes. We won't be seeing people screaming they only buy one slab because company X makes the best coins.

First, let me say "welcome!" to all the recent newbies.

Most of us are here simply because we revel in coins, and we pride ourselves on a more intellectual sharing of our numismatic knowledge. And, the core of us have tried to impart a personality to this forum that is of a different flavor than what we'd find across the street.

It seems, however, that this place is too reminiscent of that other place. We have lots of familiar names, with even WSM registered here. We have some kool-aid drinkers here, and we have a fair number of politically sensitive and heated threads too.

Well, I guess we're one big "happy" family!

• Administrator
I am so sorry that I even starte this thread. So much venom, so much intolerance.

frown.gif

EVP

Seems like a bit of an over-statement. More like "a little wrangling that quickly smoothed out". confused-smiley-013.gif

Does anyone happen to know the added value, if I could get my NGC MS66 state quarter to upgrade to an MS67 ?

Greg?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. grin.gif

We're going to need more information first. Can you tell me what the certificate number is? wink.gif