• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coins Honoring Disabled Persons

7 posts in this topic

I don't think you're going to find a single source. You might need to do some research and build your own collection. Once you have it you can post your list and become the authority in this area.

If you know what you are looking for (or even if you don't, for that matter) Ebay is probably your best place to start. I don't know what you are looking for, but the first thing that came to mind is the Special Olympics commemorative silver dollar that the US made in 1995. Other than that, you're on your own. Neat idea for a collection though. Good luck.

The only other one that comes to mind is the new Canadian wheelchair curling quarter. There's probably at least a half dozen versions of that alone. ;)

The only other one that comes to mind is the new Canadian wheelchair curling quarter. There's probably at least a half dozen versions of that alone. ;)

Make sure to get all the different packaging varieties, also. lol

It depends on your definition of "disabled", but Canada issued a Terry Fox dollar a year or two ago.

Thanks Guys,

I have been doing a lot of research lately. Ebay is not a great idea unless Iwant to buy from CHINA. That does not sound like a great start to a collection.I do have the new wheelchair curling Quarter. I also have the wheelchair racer US comm..I understand their is aset from different countries concerning the International year of the disabled person. I have not found any yet. By the way I have been disabled from birth 49 years ago. Been collecting coins about 30 years and just now came with this idea. Terry Fox coin is great. I have been looking for one. Thanks again Markk