• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you do all of this coin stuff...

23 posts in this topic

Enjoyment first and foremost. I do think that a number of collectors might also display a tendency towards obsessive/compulsive behavior. I can and do.

Ahhhh...I had to get out a calculator to see that it's been well over a 40 year adventure for me...I envy the young collectors, there is much diversity out there right now and it is a significant challenge to stretch the coin buying dollar.

Passion and diversion through research and the hunt compel most of my numismatic endeavourers. I do not seek the best nor will I accept the worst...moderation keeps my collection and my marraige stable.

I enjoy it very much. The only compulsive behavior I experience occasionally is trying to get to the boards before I can't catch up on the posts.

Yes I like to collect type coins, proof coins, gov. mint coins, world coins and gold coins. I'm sure there is some types of coins I don't care to collect, just haven't founded it. :insane:

John

I thoroughly enjoy the hobby and since my formal introduction to it, it has created and brought about an interest and passion within me that really does not compare to any other I have or have ever had.

Rey

Yes, I've enjoyed it ever since I won my first Morgan $ in a game of pool in 1957. Sometimes, it does blossom into compulsion. A while back, I quit using bidnapper because it made it so easy to bid on multiple items without bothering to follow the auctions. Before too long, placing 5 bids became 10 bids and 10 became 20. I could be bidding on Morgans, Commems, SCD's and French medals at the same time. It just got out of hand.

Chris

My name is Morganman, and I am a coinaholic. :hi:

Hello MorganMan. My name is Munkyman95 and I am also a coinaholic :hi:

thmonkeylove.jpgHi this is my friend Chad and we are coinaholics.36_2_1-1.gif

since i gave up smoking in January i now have more money for coins.But do they make a patch to help me quit this new habit no,So I'm in for the long hall or the poor house see you all there

I enjoy coin collecting however there are a number of other hobbies or activities which I have far more knowledge of that are just as important to me, each in there own way. :hi:

My name is Morganman, and I am a coinaholic. :hi:

Hello MorganMan. My name is Munkyman95 and I am also a coinaholic :hi:

thmonkeylove.jpgHi this is my friend Chad and we are coinaholics.36_2_1-1.gif

Irvin, what ever you do, don’t let that monkey exhale. lol

I know for me, I've only been collecting coins for a short period of time, but I'm sure like myself some of you guys and gals started collecting something else first, be it sports cards, stamps, etc. I been a collector ever since I was very young, collecting many things, but there is so many other things I could be involved in outside of collecting that aren't good, that cost more, that take me from my family, that are just plain useless. So if this is an addiction, it is one I'm very happy to be apart of. :headbang:

.............but I'm sure like myself some of you guys and gals started collecting something else first, be it sports cards, stamps, etc.

Coins - 1957

Shotglasses - 1976

Billiard memorabilia - 1982

Chris