• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've noticed that many here attach photos instead of embedding them.

8 posts in this topic

Probably convenience. I usually will attach images because they are not on a web site, instead, they are simply on my hard drive and I am not certain I can embed an image from my hard drive into a post. No doubt I could be wrong on that thought so if I am it would be great if you let me know how to do it. smile.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

no you cant embed one from your hard drive, but you can attach it, then view it and embed that since it then on the server, well at least you could, I havent tried it lately but used to be able to attach, view the attachment then just edit the post and add the image you had attached. (if that makes any sense) grin.gif

To embed a photo, you have two options:

1. Link to a pic on a website, like E-Bay or some other site.

2. Attach the photo to your post. Right click on the attached photo and view the photo in a new window. Edit your initial post, and copy the web address of the attached pic on NGC's server.

Tom, I usually host my coin pics on the server space my ISP provides. With the pics hosted elsewhere, the Image link below the post allows me to simply type in the pic's address. It only takes one more step (FTPing the pics to my server space). I was curious if the dial-up folks preferred attachments.

I like to see pics of both sides and multiple coins on the same page for easy comparision. Doesn't matter if it is embedded or attachment so long as I don't have to click a dozen times to see it.

Since I have cable I would lean more towards embedded.