• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INTERCEPT SHIELD

10 posts in this topic

First, hello everyone I'm new here. You guys seem to know what you're talking about so I guess I'll make this my niche for a while. I was curios what you guys know of and think of the Intercept Shield 2x2's. I got a bunch on the way from Brooklyn Gallery for only like 60 bucks. Believe it or not I'm planning on putting my modern commem silver dollars in them. I've watched so many get hazy in the gov't capsules so I figured I'd give them a go. I've not heard anything bad. I'm not a grading service submitter, and don't plan on it soon, but I will buy them slabbed if it's a good deal. I'd rather use that money for the coins themselves.

The intercept shield holder were real cheap at Brooklyn Galery, like 2.44 per 3 pack if you order 15 multipacks. Does that seem good as well. I know my coins but I've just been thru too many darn supply styles. I need uniformity.

Thanks.

Howdy Robert and welcome. I think that the Intercept product is a very good one that has been tested fairly well. I also think that the testing was a little overboard for some of the extremes that they put the product through, however, there is still some data out there that shows this is good protection. Your price seems reasonable but I have never bought them in the 2x2 holders. Here is a link to the Intercept Shield web site.

Howdy Robert and welcome. I think that the Intercept product is a very good one that has been tested fairly well. I also think that the testing was a little overboard for some of the extremes that they put the product through, however, there is still some data out there that shows this is good protection. Your price seems reasonable but I have never bought them in the 2x2 holders. Here is a link to the Intercept Shield web site.

thanks for your link to your site. Very well done if I may add, like the info and reasonable. I really hate toning. I'm not above admiring it's beauty in certain forms, but I have a fondness for coins that look like they were just pressed. I love alusty silvery white coin. I feel more at ease as well with a positive opinion of their product and your synopsis of the ntesting methods was ridiculous when compared to coin storage, but it sure seems to work. Quite convincing.

My passion is for superbly toned coinage but I also love original white coins with terrific eye appeal and certainly do not begrudge anyone who disagrees with me. smile.gif

The Intercept Shield site is one that I have not read in about two years, since they put it on the web, but I was going by my recollection of it.

As for my site, thank you for the kind words. smile.gif

i was just reading my first response to you and i now realize i might not have been clear about something. I meant to say your synopsis of the testing was dead on for it being so extreme and ridiculous. I didnt mean your synopsis was ridiculous, the test was. Sorry, I got to start re-reading this stuff before I fire it out and make sure it's clear.

And for those who collect toned coins, it's a-ok with me. Leaves more whites for me. haha

Hi Robert and welcome to the boards.My experiance with Intercept holders hasn't been as rosie as some.

See the Attachment.

I bought 2 sets of Silver Quarters in the ICG intercept shield slabs .When I recieved the sets they were Crystal clear.

Now they have to take a trip back to ICG for a Makeover.

589a8b2d7791f_257660-interceptholder.jpg.2b14fe2c5456b795e96243a875d84c21.jpg

I'm afraid my experience with the Intercept Shield albums hasn't been that great either. Many of my proof quarters have toned very unattractively. I attributed the problem to the paper/cardboard used, however. The few coins I have in ICG slabs with the gasket haven't changed, yet. And the other slabs I've stored in an Intercept box seem fine thus far as well. I'm now of the mind that it's better to prevent harmful gases than try and neutralize them. So my new storage environment is paper-free.

MM, Crito,

I'm sorry to hear that your coins are starting to turn. Question: is it possible that there was surface matter (like dip residue) on your coins at the time of encapsulation? If so, then the IS technology would not be of any help.

Regards,

EVP

thanks for all the info.. It seems to me from all my inquiries that intercept is great for keeping white coins white in their 2x2's, but their albums are not reliable. I have heard several times now that proof quarters have toned ugly in their albums. Coincidentally I received a delivery of about 100 intercept 2x2's and they worked out great. So far so good. I'll post another thread shortly of the excellent merchant that provided me with them.