• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Cent and small cent guess the grade

21 posts in this topic

1908 IHC MS-63 RB

1850 LC MS-63BN

MikeinFL

AU BERNAISE SAUCE

1/4 c. wine vinegar

1/4 c. dry white wine

3 egg yolks

2 tbsp. cold butter

1/2 c. melted butter

2 tbsp. dried parsley

Broil Large Cent to perfection. Place on a piece of toast, pour sauce over coin.

Bon appetite

lol

By the way, assuming the little scratches and marks on the holder, that large-cent would probably go MS-60+ by EAC grading standards. If it has a proper NGC commercial grade, then I think it's a very choice piece.

1908 IHC MS-63 RB

1850 LC MS-63BN

MikeinFL

AU BERNAISE SAUCE

1/4 c. wine vinegar

1/4 c. dry white wine

3 egg yolks

2 tbsp. cold butter

1/2 c. melted butter

2 tbsp. dried parsley

Broil Large Cent to perfection. Place on a piece of toast, pour sauce over coin.

Bon appetite

lol

64 rb and 63 bn very nice Dwaine. :hi: "large cent sauce"36_11_6.gif

Very nice coins...

For my own edu-ification...

On the indian head, I thought the "halo" was a sure sign of circulatedness. Do the brown cheeks mean minor wear or just from how it was stored.

On the large cent? wouldn't the nicks on the face/neck keep it in the low 60s? Or is that acceptable on copper that is this old?

Keleum, I think the "halo" you are referring to on the IHC is just some mellowing of the red color rather than wear. On the large cent, the "nicks" on the face/neck looked to me to be on the holder (Dwaine, can you confirm?). All IMHO...Mike

p.s. thanks for the recipe, WJ! :)

I will confirm later tonight when i get home but yes, I believe the things you are seeing are on the holder and not the coin.

My cent Dansco page is filling up rather nicely. I will try to take a picture of it sometime this weekend.

wow... I certainly screwed the pooch on the Large Cent!!! I thought I saw rub ever so slightly on the hair above the ear... maybe I've been looking at too many EAC-graded LCs lately?? ;)