• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank you all and this 29 buffalo

8 posts in this topic

I have to thank all of you who have answered my sometimes idiotic posts.

Everyone has been dead on with thier answers so Kudos to the board.

I was going to put up some buffalos up on ebay the other day and didn't think much of this coin till I saw the picture I took.

It looked like the coin had damage but now it looked to be an extra feather.

Is this my imagination??

0003293ep3.jpg

Planchet flaw?

I was thinking the same thing. Nic a date as well?

Doesn't look like Nic A Date. I would think the whole date would be brought out but with a more "granular" look - unless they have changed the formula from many years ago.

I was looking all over the internet hoping to find a picture of 05-1929s-401 1929s two feather variety because I thought that was it. Remember, I know nothing about these things but gave me few years i'll figure it out.

Planchet flaw?

I was thinking the same thing. Nic a date as well?

Doesn't look like Nic A Date. I would think the whole date would be brought out but with a more "granular" look - unless they have changed the formula from many years ago.

You are correct. I did not see thw whole date was not there.

The two feather variety has the smallest feather, adjacent to the back of the neck, missing, thus just leaving the two longer feathers.

Rey

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

Thanks Ray. My other book should be on its way soon, if my dealer didn't forget to order then for me. Currently I only have the volume ll, so I can't look up anything less than half dime.

John